• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

HELP-Apheresis is done

Hi fellow ME people,

this entry has a quick summary wich is intended to be reader friendly for severe ME patients.
I think we all should do this more often to include our severe fellows, if possible.

3 Days ago I underwent the HELP-apheresis in germany. The procedure was quite a ride giving me dizzyness and diarrhea, but I recently feel like I am slowly returning back to baseline. In my oppinion people should be careful to not do them to often (I think 7 days is too less, you should spread them out atleast 14 days each, if you consider doing more then 1).

I have been sleeping 9-10 hours each night since (usually i only get 6-7h) and i start to return to baseline.
I had a small energy boost this morning that allowed me to clean the shower a little bit. Now i feel worse but that was of course from the exertion.

In general i feel like the apheresis won't harm me long term but i dont really feel much benefits. I got these energy boosts randomly without apheresis aswell so its hard to tell if it came from that, or just because of the massive sleep amounts.

At the moment I found it OK to try, and I am thankful I gave it the try but I would consider it currently: Not harmful, but not worth the money.

Summary for brainfogged and severe users:
-HELP-apheresis was hard on my body but tolerable with electrolytes, bcaa, sugar, magnesium and fats
-Returning to baseline now (no big crash, just more fatigue)
-For me not worth the money at the moment
-Glad I tried it
-So far no major harm

If you consider it yourself:
-Expect worsening before improvement
-Spread treatments out (7 days is not enough between 2 treatments, in my oppinion)
-consider electrolytes, sugar, high fat and protein right after (bcaa drink, electrolytes and eggs for example)
-listen very closely to your body. some have done 3 treatments and got worse, if you have no benefit stop doing it. dont harm youself.
-consider doing it in germany, the standards here seem good

Greetings, Blazer.

Comments

Blog entry information

Author
Blazer95
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs