• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Wisdom of Kabbalah

YippeeKi YOW !!

its discussed in the Introductary video.....which I did listen to.
And I repeat, the Kabbalah is one of the most heavily published subjects. There are hundreds of books on various schools of Kabbalah. All I'm trying to find out is which Kabbalic school are these teachings based on.

And telling me that you listened to the video isnt much help. Particularly since I can't and am just repeatedly trying for a little more information, doncha' know ......

YippeeKi YOW !!

I feel kabbalah places an emphasis on correcting (transforming) yourself in this life, rather than just "believing" or following a set of rules
I think it's terrific that you've found a source of strength and guidance @Sherpa.... that's not a commodity in heavy supply in these difficult and troubled times, with or without ME, and the fact that you found it probably means that it was looking for you, too :woot::woot: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:....

ljimbo423

And why there is so much evil appearing in the modern world and how to counteract it effectively

The best explanation I've heard of good and evil I heard on a YouTube video several years ago.

Since pure good is timeless, it cannot exist in time. It has to exist outside of time, it was suggested in another dimension. Which makes sense to me. Therefore it's powers are limited here in "time". I think pure goods biggest impact and limitations are played out through evolution.

Because pure goods powers are limited by evolution, evil exists, until we evolve beyond it. As human beings evolve, we become more and more like the source or pure good.

I'm not trying to change any minds by this. I just want to voice my view.

I do agree with the video (above) that says evil can't be destroyed, it needs to be changed through education. I'm paraphrasing here but I think that was the basic idea.

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

Because pure goods powers are limited by evolution, evil exists, until we evolve beyond it. As human beings evolve, we become more and more like the source or pure good.
Interesting post, ljim ....

That's a fascinating view and makes as much sense as any other, in fact, more ....

But I don't agree that educating evil out of existence is viable. Evil exists as a sort of pure and unfettered expression of id, and as such is beyond education. Case in point, 45. And even if it were educable, we're running out of time really fast.

I think evil can only be trained, like a puppy, to see that it's in its best interests to conform to basic rules. Gentle, continuous correction when the puppy pees on the floor inevitably brings results eventually ....it'll still be eil, but it wont be tossing around spores with happy abandon anymore, and with luc and persistence, can be gradually bred out of the gene pool to a large extent ....

YippeeKi YOW !!

I think evil can be eradicated. Not by education, but by the promotion of good.
I agree, were that possible. But somehow all the snakes and snails and things that slither and glide unctuously seem to make it to the top of the ladder or the bullhorn or the bully pulpit first, where the rewards are fulsome and the prizes large ....

Life !!!! What a pistol !!!

Marylib

Yes, the characters of the written language tell a story, similarly to Sanskrit and Arabic. But I only know English and a bits and pieces of other languages.