• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Doctors Frustration Thread

Rufous McKinney

that benzos are not simply lifting anxiety in me and other patients.
I did not mean to imply anxiety is our problem- frankly I've never taken these other type of benzos. I wonder what happens? Would my eyes focus? That would be something.

My dentist gave me a few valium and they didn't work the way Xanax did, for me.

Artemisia

when you tell them how miserable your day to day experience is you get told things like "well I just take a few Ibuprofen and that works for me."
Why do people (doctors or anyone) think this is an appropriate response?
Yeah it works for you, doc, bc you don't have ME.

Only with ME do we have to hear from normies what "works for them." Or how morally upright they are, in that they push themselves to get out of bed when they feel icky, because "I don't have a choice."

they'd never tell someone with cancer or MS that advil "works."

I could go on for hours about doctor frustration. I haven't even seen a doctor in 5 years but I'm still furious at how they treated me. I really think most (not all) doctors are among the worst of humanity. You have to have a certain level of desire to control others to enter the profession, then medical school really turns most of them into monsters.

This culture worships doctors and they enjoy and exploit that adulation. And I was pre-med as a college freshman. I didn't have the sadistic authoritarian bent that is necessary; I just wanted good money. That wasn't enough so I switched majors.

Artemisia

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to talk to these people to get treated like human beings?
I took anatomy and physiology so I knew terms like medial and lateral which seemed to make one female doctor take me seriously (but female doctors take female patients slightly more seriously than do male doctors. But all doctors are actually trained to not take women's issues seriously).

Which is pathetic tbh. Like they speak this honorable language that elevates the speakers in their mind. Dr's are so full of it.

I love how they think no one but them is capable of reading Pubmed lol. And they don't even read research, they're too busy serving their masters, Big Pharma.

edit - yes there are some decent doctors. I came across 1 or 2 out of approx. 150.
Maybe other people have had better luck than me but my experience is what informs my opinion.

Last edited:

Artemisia

I’ve been trying to convince skeptical doctors for years now, that benzos are not simply lifting anxiety in me and other patients.
Willful ignorance borne from beligierence and lack of empathy for ME. It shouldn't be hard for them to understand off-label drug use

OB/GYNs regularly induce labor using Pitocin a drug that's never been FDA approved for that purpose, as one example

Rufous McKinney

My GP has messed up my Naltrexone prescription. AGAIN.

He messed up last time.

I ask for exactly what I need, (ninety 3.5 mg pills) and he ordered ninety 50MG pills. He never tells them to make the 3.5 mgs.

I;m sicker today, my stomach stopped emptying again. Why do I have to call these people?

And how long might these 50 MG pills last? Because maybe I should go for the 90 pills. thats like 100s of 3.5 mg doses. But LDN doesn't last long.

Oh CRAP

Rufous McKinney

I just wanted good money.
thats what the Pre-med students I took classes with, were focused on. $$$$$$$$

We were operating on animals. The animals I worked with, survived. The PreMed Students were butchers and also could't get decent grades either. And were totally sexist. I know, I was on the receiving end of Their Sexism and Arrogance.

It wasn't;t possible for a female to get an A in the class. According to them. So I must have been sleeping with the professor, according to them.

Artemisia

It wasn't;t possible for a female to get an A in the class. According to them. So I must have been sleeping with the professor, according to them
Disgusting!
The butcher aspect, too.
I'm glad I got out of that world early on. I knew I could get high enough grades to make it but I couldn't cope with associating with horrible people like that.
I think the vast majority of doctors go into it for money and status, despite the song and dance about wanting to help people.

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
Are we Sharing funny and frustrating encounters with doctors Here? Because OH BOY DO I HAVE STUFF TO SHARE.

A idiotic Chief kardiologist of a hospital tried to convince me that my severely reduced nk-t-cells (i have 2/mcgL) are psychosomatic. Normal people have Like 30-300 for reference.

A Chief pulmologist Said to me literally that i have some Crew loose in my head and i should belong into a asylum

My old GP/Hausarzt/Primary Said my BP of 80/40 is normal (i was having massive sweats and shivers)

List goes Just ooon and oon man oh Boy! 😂

Artemisia

And how long might these 50 MG pills last? Because maybe I should go for the 90 pills. thats like 100s of 3.5 mg doses. But LDN doesn't last long.
Can you dissolve it in water and does it accordingly that way?

When you say LDN doesn't last long, do you mean the shelf life of the medication? I'm asking because I have some 8-year-old naltrexone that I was thinking of trying to take again. My doctor prescribed 50 mg and insisted that was the dose I should take! Of course I did not follow his advice. Anyway I'm not sure whether the 8-year-old naltrexone would still be good.

Last edited:

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3

When you say LDN doesn't last long, do you mean the shelf life of the medication? I'm asking because I have some 8-year-old naltrexone that I was thinking of trying to take again. My doctor prescribed 50 mg and insisted that was the dose I should take! Of course I did not follow his advice. Anyway I'm not sure whether the 8-year-old naltrexone would still be good.
When I asked Perplexity.AI if LDN expires soon, it did give short dates but then said,

"Naloxone, a related medication, has been found to retain over 90% of its potency even 30 years past its expiration date in some studies.3 This suggests LDN may also have a longer shelf life than the printed expiration date, as long as it is stored properly.3"

The GP I had for over 25 years said NASA showed that meds do tend to last longer than the printed expiration dates. They found some in a cupboard or refrigerator (can't remember which now) that were still good 40 years later though with diminished potency.

Although I know somethings like aspirin do go bad but those can be detected by an ammonia smell when they are.

I would say as long as your medication doesn't smell funny that using them now might be okay. ???

However, you could also ask the pharmacist on this website. https://hellopharmacist.com/questions/create
I noticed they have a lot of similar questions but none about LDN.

Rufous McKinney

I'm glad I got out of that world early on. I knew I could get high enough grades to make it but I couldn't cope with associating with horrible people like that.
it was a graduate course in Endocrinology. I was an ecologist. So I was not supposed to Ace this professors VERY difficult class, And I wasn't in graduate school yet.

Prof tried to convince me to audit the class, since I was a mere senior ("it would be to hard for you")...

Prof abused me frequently, as his ego was bothered by my presence.

The ecology types were all mostly wonderful!

Rufous McKinney

Prof abused me frequently, as his ego was bothered by my presence.
all that I am recalling today, lying here with my stomach not emptying and major gut cramps.

Do people know that huge scandals happen in colleges? That professors can play major games and students are left to navigate all this? I had professors calling me up at home on Saturdays and yelling at me.

(because I challenged their system, and I was a wrench in the works) (this was college in the 1970s.)

Wayne

I've had good luck going to Osteopathic Physicians for my mainstream needs, and Chiropractors and other natural practitioners for my primary needs. Totally different level of care and empathy from them than what I have ever gotten from mainstream doctors. Though some of have been nice enough, many haven't. Even the ones that are "nice enough" in general look at life and health from a narrower and different paradigm than I do.