• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Doctors Frustration Thread

Wishful

I'm asking because I have some 8-year-old naltrexone
Mine's only 7 years old. It took a couple recently to see if they'd block my leg pains. Couldn't tell if they had an effect.

Naloxone, a related medication, has been found to retain over 90% of its potency even 30 years past its expiration date in some studies.
Good to know. The only drug I've had prescribed that had a known short lifespan was minocycline, which becomes toxic fairly quickly.

My doctor rant of the day- my partner's GP is worried I'm abusing them because I've told her numerous times that my partner is too ill to speak to or be seen by her!!
I've been speaking to her on my partner's behalf since December, but since nothing has helped and their condition hasn't gotten any better, I think she's now panicking and is deciding to blame me, instead of her ineptitude as a doctor, or just doesn't understand how they can be so severe. She seemed baffled that they haven't sat up since December, and couldn't understand why we hadn't even tried (cue me explaining all about crashes and PEM to her). Her understanding of ME is very limited, and I've had to explain to her over and over again why speaking on the phone, or having a doctor do a home visit would crash their health, but she still keeps insisting, and even implied that I was making them out to be worse than they are (i.e. implying Munchausen by Proxy).
I tried to stay polite and cooperative and in the end agreed that during our next call in a fortnight she could BRIEFLY speak to my partner on the phone (which they have agreed to).
This is just the last thing we needed though- will report back if this doctor busts down our door tomorrow trying to find the horrible torture dungeon I've clearly locked my partner up in.