• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

There is a River

PXL_20210221_032802167.jpg
"There is a river
Whose streams make glad
The city of God, the holy place
God is within her; she will not fall
God is her help at the break of day."

There is a river.

I found that when I'm able to let the "need for control" substitute god die in me, that's when I'm no longer in a hurry to get anywhere, both in mental reality and physical reality...and I simply rest in contentment in God's grace.

It's so painful to let it die but Jesus has been crucifying me with him and so getting me there by my own "death".

I know it's not that he wants to take away our will and make us robots, it's that he wants us to enter his dimension of grace in which we are no longer in a rush because where are we rushing to? God is with us.

So as his children we have freedom to live without burden, because he's got us. We stop rushing towards life to the full by our own strength, which is impossible, and realise that life to the full is right here, because God is right here, and in every place and every situation he brings out "the God colours of the world".

God's not in a hurry.

He's relaxed.

Even in the difficult places, in the pain, in the grief, he's relaxed. Because he knows it's going to be OK in the end. Yes, he has great compassion and grieves with us. But he's relaxed, because it's going to be OK.

It's not us who makes it ok. It's him who makes it ok. And he will make everything OK. We are OK, because he has done it.

"all who go down to the dust will kneel before him—
those who cannot keep themselves alive. Posterity will serve him;
future generations will be told about the Lord. They will proclaim his righteousness,
declaring to a people yet unborn:
He has done it!"

(Psalm 22:29-31 NIV)

He has become the Way for it to be OK. "He has done it!" Not us, but Him. We cannot even keep ourselves alive. Only He can. That's why having control is false hope. God is true hope. He is so unimaginably powerful, and his love is strong, that's how we know we can trust him and not ourselves.

So we can relax too, because he has become the Way for us. If we relax into Jesus, he is Life in abundance to us, and we are his Life to others.

There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High. [5] God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns. [6] The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts. [7] The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah

(Psalm 46:4-7 ESV)

"I imagine myself now, as if I was a tiny speck on the hand of the body of Christ, and I relax into him."

"Or I imagine myself as a lantern, like a floating sky lantern, and the flame in me is Jesus, and I the lantern relax into the light, letting it lift me up."

"There is a river
That flows from God above
There is a fountain
That's filled with God's great love
Come to the waters
There is a vast supply
There is a river
That never shall run dry"

Comments

Really lovely, thoughtful prayer. Thank you for sharing it.

This concept of being relaxed, because it's OK, is so powerful.

Letting go of this need to control, is a huge area where we can make great progress in freeing ourselves.

Meanwhile, since I notice plants, that plant in the stream is NOT a plant that grows in streams. That detail is significant, it seems.

Finding oneself 'under water", we adapt, and if we can make a huge space to allow everything to be OK, the flow can continue.

I want to read your post but I can't right now because of brain fog. :(

So I will just wish everyone a Happy Resurrection Sunday. :)

Last edited:

Blog entry information

Author
Atlas
Read time
3 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs