• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I think it's over

I don't really have anyone I think I can talk to about this in real life, but I can't keep it all inside me either. My partner has ended things, they don't love me anymore, and as soon as they're well enough for someone else to look after them, they want me to leave. I think I want to leave too. Not because of the ME, but because of them.

Every time I hear stories on here about couples who have broken up, it's usually the partner caring for the one with ME that leaves, because they can't handle it, and I think about how I've stayed. I see the stories about people with ME, who are so grateful, and thankful for their partner and all they do, and I think about all the hate and anger my partner gives me, for every mistake or misstep.

I think it's been over for a while, and I think it's more than the ME. We're not understanding eachother, not seeing eachother. No matter how hard I try I can't seem to give them what they want, and no matter how hard they try, they can't forgive me for when I've accidentally hurt them, everything good isn't enough to wipe that away.

I won't go into the details of the past few hours, it's too muddled still. All I know is it's over, it may come back some day, but for now I'm still caring for them, and they are still severely ill, and love hasn't been enough.

I love and appreciate everyone here who has been following our past hard few months, and I will likely still need help and support from here going forward. I just needed to get this off my chest today. Right now I need to open my laptop and go to work, and then bring M their next meal like nothings changed.

Comments

😞 you are seriously a true angel.
Your feelings are so valid.
Thank you for being such an amazing human.
Please… please, take care of YOURSELF too.
I am severe, bedridden 6 years with me/cfs. Bathed from a bed etc. and, it’s a nightmare of a disease. No doubt. It can cause such agony in the human psyche as well.

That being said, you deserve love and compassion too.

I am wishing for peace and ease for you both as you navigate this. If I remember correctly, your partner is newly severe. This can be such a s***show for sometime.

All the love 💗

My heart goes out to you. I went though my ex-husband telling me he didn't love me anymore as well, and then the transitional months before he moved out. It was 2 years after I had gotten ME/CFS, though I wasn't bedbound. He had significant mental health issues.I felt crushed at first, but with time I realized I was free.

"I love and appreciate everyone here who has been following our past hard few months, and I will likely still need help and support from here going forward. I just needed to get this off my chest today."

I really appreciate you sharing this turn of events with us.

Please don't hesitate to continue your relationship with the PR community while you continue to care for your ex-partner and transition out of your caretaker role.

My heart goes out to you. I went though my ex-husband telling me he didn't love me anymore as well, and then the transitional months before he moved out. It was 2 years after I had gotten ME/CFS, though I wasn't bedbound. He had significant mental health issues.I felt crushed at first, but with time I realized I was free.
I was married with 2 sons, who are now in their 20s. My ex-wife decided she was off when they were 4 and 5 years old. I brought my sons up pretty much single handed. I've not had another partner since my divorce. I personally find with this illness there's a lot to be said for not having a partner. That way to a greater extent you can live life at your own pace.

I feel with you and I appreciate you. Sorry whats happening. I hope it will somehow turn good for you in the end (I think its valid to also look after your own mental and physical health man)...

I think I can speak for others too: We enjoyed you around here.

Heads up :)

Its so hard when relationships end for normal people, let alone with the challenges of chronic illness, the strain it causes and all.

I feel for your loss and pain, and I pray you will be able to move forward when all this is resolved.

R

I find that illness can really make it hard to communicate without anger sometimes (for some people).

I'm sorry you are going through this.
💚

Blog entry information

Author
SpinachHands
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs