• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blogs

Categories

Latest Comments

Blogs statistics

Categories
Blogs
Blog entries
Views
Comments
Michelle
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
The word fuck never crossed my lips until I got sick. Until I got vertigo, to be exact. I had just started my first grown-up (i.e. non academic) job (Public Relations) in June 2000. I even had my own cubicle and business cards. Then I woke up the day after Independence Day with everything...
margib
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
My food sensitivities are finally catching up to me. A few weeks ago, I felt my throat close up after eating pumpkin seeds. I know that food category can be a little weird for people, so I didn't think much of it, until last night, when my throat started to close after eating a spirulina bar...
margib
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I'm trying to catch any anatomy of the Year of the Tiger. I want 2010 to be here, to wipe this year off the map. Eeny meeny miney mo is also how, you may have observed, dear readers, I seem to choose my supplements. Today I did one dose of Asian goo. I finally realized where I recognized the...
margib
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
I was at a 3 when I got up today, sooo exhausted, & took the Fluconazole, realized I still had an empty stomach so gave the lactoferrin a whirl (it does have , after all), then felt brave enough to try the Asian goo, which was my one hit of sugar for the day. I also felt much better after skin...
margib
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
...that B-12 is too much to take b/c of the mercury/metals, that I should be taking MSM to clear it...what next? I'm so confused! I think I was again sidelined by an encounter with some delicious rice/corn chips; if I don't get a hold of DN soon, I will totally lose my mojo to become a...
margib
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Also, Dude, Chronic Fatigue is not the preferred nomenclature. Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, please. I have drawn a line in the sand when it comes to coffee & milk in the mornings. For this, I may not budge on. It is my Shomer Shabbos. Besides, both goat & rice milk taste pukey & hemp milk...
Cort
7 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
John Herds recent post on the past and future of ME/CFS advocacy provided a welcome change in tone from many of the strident posts weve seen lately and provided much room for thought. An important part of the post, however, was more of the same; while the posts tone was mild the post itself too...
margib
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I really want to go to Ohio. I know I'm not even on the long list, but I need help. I know I listed my functioning as a 6, but it doesn't reflect that I'm functional about 1/3 of the day about 1/3 of the week. Yesterday, I was a 5; not too tired, but brain-fogged. Then I ate a delicious...
margib
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
...right out of my body. Stop stirring around my brain & reabsorbing & poisoning me. I cannot get you out! Yesterday, I will call a 6, though toward the end of the day, immense brain fog & some serious fatigue kicked in. Compared to how scary last weekend was & how dark my mood has been...
Jody
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
There is an alchemy that comes about in relationship to others that cannot come into existence in isolation. Can you picture a hammock tied to only one tree?
My favorite place to be is in my pool...which is where I feel the best! It's the best place to visit with a friend or read a book. There I exercise by swimming and stretching without stress on my body. It cools down my furnace body. And best of all, it provides alone time for thinking and...
Victoria
6 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
FIBROMYALGIA What you can do about Chronic Pain and Fatigue by Maryam Ehrlich Williamson This is the first thorough, user-friendly resource that outlines the causes, symptoms and a full range of treatments for a condition that affects up to half a million Australians. Since Fibromyalgia...
Jody
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Monday, August 3, 2009 I was thinking about how being a chronic, we are so isolated, and some of the things I miss are so very mundane. I miss having a friend drop by for a cup of coffee or whatever. I miss the type of chitchat I used to have with people in my homeschool group...
rosebud
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Hi all, I am new to your group and am very impressed with the PWC's who post on this forum. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1990, but in looking back, I also had MCS's, cognitive dysfunction and many symptoms, except fatigue I eventually got involved with the fibro community and have...
Jody
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Saturday, August 1, 2009 I write to my imaginary friend, the one who is always there, always wants to KNOW me. I write believing I can hear a response (my imaginary friend ALWAYS gives a response, lest I feel unloved or alone). When I find indifference and lack of regard in the rest of...
Jody
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Some animals use echolocation to orient themselves. They emit calls to the world and listen for echoes from their environment. This helps them determine where they are, where they are going, and what if anything is near. Here is a poignant metaphor. We call out to find our place, to see if...
Jody
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
How does a wealthy man get, and stay, wealthy? He doesn't do it by spending everything he has. Bingo, CFS'ers, Push-Crashers. All you really need to know about the role of rest and regeneration. In a nutshell. If you keep spending your energy, ... well, it's gone, isn't it. It...
Cort
3 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Years ago, in the depths of ME/CFS, I took a course called the EST Training (now called the Forum) which was designed to increase one's vitality and participation in life. The course worked - altho I still had ME/CFS afterwards - it did increase my vitality enormously. Taking A Stand - One of...
Jody
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Friday, July 24, 2009 I posted an article on Ncubator yesterday called No Disability for Jody. Since then Ive received two lovely emails from friends who were shocked to learn of my state of affairs. I appreciated these so much. It got me thinking, though. And I want to clarify something...
Cross-posted at Behind the surface Anne Shirley has been a kindred spirit ever since I first watched the Kevin Sullivan production of the classic book by L.M. Montgomery. The first time I heard her talk about "so much view for the imagination," I remember thinking, someone else thinks like...