• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

video: How PUFA-rich plant oils promise health and kill years later with cancer

linusbert

study analysis of effects of long term PUFA intake on health.

whats remarkable, if the study ended at 2 years, you would come to a whole different conclusion opposed to what we see after 8 years where it rather looks grim.

so in the first time they kinda look healthy but later on they turn around and kill you pretty bad, at least the study let me conclude this.

what the real conclusion for science should be , that short term (<2 year duration) studys of anything effecting health from nutrition is not long enough to draw any conclusion. they should go far longer until 10 years or more. otherwise its just a bad guess.

around 13:05

1702826830117.png

Last edited:

sunshine44

Que sera sera
It’s pretty wild.

I had no idea seed oils were so toxic to our bodies for years. It just didn’t make sense. I tried so many things and this was one I just couldn’t get in board with.

But, so much evidence to support that they are and unfortunately it’s mostly being hidden from public as of now. People think you are nuts for even suggesting this 😜 so, I justly keep it to myself, for now.

linusbert

sunshine you are so correct with this.
the truth is, they (plantoils) are so much cheaper than animal or healthy plant oils (like a good EVOO) and the big companies are using it to make processed food cheaper. and they cause FUD to shut the discussion down.
the feeling you have that if you speak out about this that you would get repression is the direct result.

not saying to not take anything plant oil, but be very careful with what oils in what quality. and not to trust any claims like "vegan/or this and that is more healthy" when we do not have long time studys and experience for at least like 10-20 years.

its so funny how all those things we should eat which are supposedly healthy , always has direct big companies making a hell lotta money of it. often making food with cheaper ingredients and selling for higher price. its actually evil.
for me its direct mark of corruption and to not trust the sources, if really big influencial companies make profit of it. i always assume they some how put their dirty corrupt fingers into it (the "science", the studies, the "health experts", the media reporting).

what i do not understand, how can those big companies do suppress information about the bad effects of their practices, while being humans themselves, having to feed own children and actually should have their loved ones best interest at heart.

Last edited:

sunshine44

Que sera sera
sunshine you are so correct with this.
the truth is, they (plantoils) are so much cheaper than animal or healthy plant oils (like a good EVOO) and the big companies are using it to make processed food cheaper. and they cause FUD to shut the discussion down.
the feeling you have that if you speak out about this that you would get repression is the direct result.

not saying to not take anything plant oil, but be very careful with what oils in what quality. and not to trust any claims like "vegan/or this and that is more healthy" when we do not have long time studys and experience for at least like 10-20 years.

its so funny how all those things we should eat which are supposedly healthy , always has direct big companies making a hell lotta money of it. often making food with cheaper ingredients and selling for higher price. its actually evil.
for me its direct mark of corruption and to not trust the sources, if really big influencial companies make profit of it. i always assume they some how put their dirty corrupt fingers into it (the "science", the studies, the "health experts", the media reporting).

what i do not understand, how can those big companies do suppress information about the bad effects of their practices, while being humans themselves, having to feed own children and actually should have their loved ones best interest at heart.

That was the part that really perked my interest. Like these are routinely being pushed on very healthy people as vegan and very healthy. When…. The evidence is contrary. The new age community is mostly clueless on it. As is general public. Really mind boggling.

I mean, at a certain point you start realizing it’s not ignorance anymore and a projected course of we will learn and become wiser but predatory …. And that’s when the tables turned for me.

Thanks for bringing awareness to this significantly important topic.

linusbert

thats basically what i would say , but i have no studies to back that.
of course there are egg yolks, but i guess thats included in animal fats.
i run 90% on butter, cheese, yolks, fatty meat.

hapl808

Evoo
Coconut oil
Animal fats
Avocado oil

Good to hear. I mostly use butter, EVOO, and occasionally avocado oil (although I don't really like it as much). Nutrition studies are hard, as are studies on the long term effects of drugs. I find it weird that we just assume that if a drug is okay to use for one year, then it's probably fine to use for 20 years. I'm sure that won't come back to bite us in the ass…

sunshine44

Que sera sera
Good to hear. I mostly use butter, EVOO, and occasionally avocado oil (although I don't really like it as much). Nutrition studies are hard, as are studies on the long term effects of drugs. I find it weird that we just assume that if a drug is okay to use for one year, then it's probably fine to use for 20 years. I'm sure that won't come back to bite us in the ass…

Oh geez lol!

Yes ghee and grass fed butter. Kinda a staple in our house snd I forgot to add.

Right?!?! Like WHAT an insane world that you are considered non compliant or difficult because you question drugs that have potential for serious harm and even death et times. And virtually no studies have been done in the cocktails of drugs we are on.

I remember in 2007, my counselor suggested I try psychiatric drugs to quell panic disorder. Panic disorder which eventually became SO much worse in these ‘harmless drugs’ I was put on. Anyways, won’t go into that. But my counselor said they do cocktails nowadays of these psych drugs but to be honest, there are no studies on these yet. That seemed unsettling to me.

Why was it not to very experienced ‘professionals’ treating me?

Eventually, as often happens, I needed higher snd higher doses and they had to get my combo right and I was on a ridiculous cocktail of drugs. Unstudied. Began having insane physical issues. Digestive and a 3 month long (every minute of the day) migraine that a mri found nothing on.

Anyways, I’m getting carried away.
We live in an insane society to go about not questioning what we are actually doing. Not to mention most of these don’t even treat the actual issue! How many psychiatric issues are really vitamin deficiencies and latent viruses etc. etc. etc.

Enough.

Thanks for the butter snd ghee addition!

linusbert

in that regard i want to share my fatty acid analysis.
i run mainly on butter, cheese and egg(yolks). companioned with whole rice bread.
so its 7x a day 2 pieces of that bread + 1 slice of cheese + minimal amount of butter
+ 2 eggyolks + 1 organic joghurt + 1 banana + noon something containing potatoes, rice, pasta with a bit of meat or not (i suspect the nursing home is using canola oil or some plant based margherine but i usually do not eat the sauce so probably minimal impact).
i never took any omega3s or other pufas. i highly do not tolerate them, tried fish oil, didnt work out.

in general looks fine to me, omega 6 : 3 ratio looks fine, trans fats are low, i dont see why i would change anything.
well the omega 3 index is low, but the ratio of omega 3 and 6 and all others look fine to me. do i really need more omega3?

1702839185644.png
1702839478305.png

perchance dreamer

I really like Primal Kitchen avocado mayonnaise. It doesn't have sugar, and the oil is from avocados. Mayonnaise frequently has unhealthy ingredients such as seed oils like canola or cottonseed oil.

In the U.S., we were told for years that canola oil is very healthy, but that was bogus.

linusbert

another video same topic, same presenter but lotta older from 10years ago
and he is dissecting 6 studys from like 1965.
they are lying about the studys, the same study they claim has no or positive effect of PUFAs on health, the same studys actually show the opposite. its insane.

Last edited: