• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Special Needs Trust

Zebra

Hi, @Tammy

I appreciate your question and I will be following this thread, as I imagine it will benefit me to set one up.

A while back @Misfit Toy was looking into a Special Needs Trust (among other things), but I don't think I've seen them around in a while. I hope they are OK

Tammy

It's a little different if you set one up for yourself which is considered a 1st party SNT as opposed to someone setting one up for you which is a 3rd party SNT. It can get complicated and I'm almost tempted to talk to a lawyer about it but the cost is in question.

Misfit Toy used to be a regular here but now it's once in a blue moon that she'll post something. I'm not sure the reason but I hope she's OK too.

Last edited: