• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Significant lower postbrandial blood sugar after molybdenum pill

linusbert

i was taking a few times molybdenum because i hoped it somehow would alleviate my allergic asthma symptomatic as broken sulfite->sulfate sulfur metabolism can cause those problems and molybdenum is important for this pathway to work.

when i take it to my big meal (50mcg molybdenum) my sugar was 2,5h later instead of 110'ish around 78'ish. i took it 4x and every time it was that case. i never have values around 80. my best values measures where around 90-100 but most of the time around 110 +/-10 mg/dl.
so it indeed is working for that.

but i cannot explain how this works.
but i take it :).

also interesting was that i first tried mo-zyme, and while it lowered my sugar as said above, i also had hours later breathing difficulties and a heavy chest. it has shellack and i suspected to be allergic to that.
i got a different brand where i still had the lower blood sugar but not the breathing difficulties, so confirming the idea that i might be allergic to shellack or some other thing the mo-zyme uses.

does it work against the asthma symptoms? not sure yet. but so far i feel and fear it does not.
also it can cause lower copper and thats something i would like to avoid as i am already copper deficient. so i will not take it daily.