• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sanum Therapy : Homeopathy to reduce Candida and Fungi

jepps

Would these be safe for a 20 year old? My daughter has the worst periods, and can't tolerate birth control..... Brown algae sounds like its worth the try.

I give Sanum to all 3 children. Worse period can be a candida symptom, and exmykehl suppository work in the genital tract. My daughter, she is 17, does not menstruate at all, I hope, that treating candida helps with time.

If your daughter has beside worse period no illness, maybe a good diet alone helps.

Good luck!

whodathunkit

And yes, what @jepps said: a clean diet, low in omega-6 oils, with no processed foods and lots of fruits, veggies,and high-quality protein is KEY to ameliorating female problems. Also supplement with high-quality omega-3.

jepps

@Asklipia and @whodathunkit thank you for your reports.
I had the last improvement one month ago for two weeks, then the things again got worse, but the testing shows viruses up to now. I have neuropathic sensations and sometimes lymphatic pain.
The thing with viruses is also bad for the gut: testing shows viruses since January, and the last stool test 4 weeks ago showed no, absolutely no lactos, bifidos and bacteroides.
But when I began with RS and probiotics last July, after 3 weeks of supplementing depleted lactos+bifidos+bacteroides were in the norm. I will hold on on stool tests every 2 months to see further, what happens in the gut. And also do the Ubiome test.

Strawberry

Thank you @whodathunkit for all the detailed information! So as not to derail the thread, I will pass the info on to her. @Sidereal I don't think she has ME/CFS? But I don't think I did at 20 either...

But I am going to quote myself as I want to make sure my main question didn't get lost with the cute 20 year old. :D

Is this Sanum therapy safe for someone that has to drive to work Monday through Friday? It seems some of the side effects are something best experienced far away from the public in the privacy of your own home...:eek:

I have been reading this thread, and the resistant starch thread, wondering if they would be a simple thing to help. Problem is that I work full time, so I can't vomit, drink vodka, or burst out crying for no reason at all. Just to name a few. ;)

whodathunkit

Well, I work full-time and I'm doing okay on Sanum and gut therapy. No downtime, although I did have a little crash/illness a couple months ago. Those things just keep happening, as a result of almost everything I've tried in the last 4-5 years. Hopefully they'll become more infrequent as time goes on.

I think your reactions to both gut therapy and Sanum depend on your unique physiology and what conditions you have in your body (parasites? viruses? mitochondrial problems? lot of yeast? big heavy metal load? etc.). Myself, I've done a lot of work (chelation, diet, remineralization, methylation, etc.) in the years leading up to trying both gut and Sanum, so maybe I'm not having the bad reactions I would if I was trying these things without having that foundation of health in place. I dunno.

If you're wondering what to do, you might consider starting with something you've read about that intrigues you, and go low and slow with it. If you have bad reactions, reevaluate whether you can or should continue before you let the reactions get too far.

Strawberry

VERY true @whodathunkit , I don't have any idea what my conditions really are. Me personally, I would say I healed my gut years ago as I haven't taken nexium or prevacid in ages. But others might disagree. I don't remember having issues taking regular store bought probiotics (with the lacto ones Hip talked about). I LOVE kombucha, and I used to pickle veggies before my legs turned to lead a few years ago. So many things that bother many in this thread don't bother me. I just keep hearing "it gave me energy" and I wanna try it!!!!!!! Anything to get the heavy fatigue to go away.

Regrettably I have to go to the grocery store tonight or my birds will keel over dead from starvation, so I will see if I can find some potato starch before my body gives out. If that helps, I will try this new one you have been talking about, and the sanum therapy.

jepps

VERY true @whodathunkit
Regrettably I have to go to the grocery store tonight or my birds will keel over dead from starvation, so I will see if I can find some potato starch before my body gives out. If that helps, I will try this new one you have been talking about, and the sanum therapy.

Although I did not know, that I have gut problems, working on the gut was the best decision of the last years.
I am self employed, and am able to decide, how much I work. These days, after 1 year of only treating the gut, I upped my work to full time work. The brain works much better, physically strenghts is much better.
Nevertheless I have symptoms, but after a phase of symptoms the condition is better than before.
And interestingly, when I have symptoms, they are not so hard as they were before treating the gut.
But it is essential to dose carefully, above all potatoe starch: take tiny amounts in the beginning, maybe 1/8 of a teaspoon, and combine it with other fibres like psyllium, pectine or inuline or another fibres, also these beginning with tiny amounts and increasing very slowly.

Last edited:

Asklipia

Although I did not know, that I have gut problems, working on the gut was the best decision of the last years.
Same for me, I never had gut problems and scoffed at the idea. Apart from catching Typhoid about 40 years ago and being treated with like 6 days of chloramphenicol, I never took antibiotics either.
Never any constipation problems, normal stools, never any diarrhea. Going to the toilet at least once a day absolutely normally.
In fact I started treating the gut because my DH had gut problems and I wanted to encourage him.
I was in for a shock when I realized that I could not tolerate much PS, and when I saw improvements generally in areas that seemed unrelated. I now understand that there is a survival mode and an optimum mode for our microbiome.

One of the results of Sanum both for me and DH is that the stool is now always of a reasonable light brown colour, and not dark ever, soft and never hard. I take it that this means less billirubin problems and less destruction of red blood cells.

whodathunkit

I'm beginning to think it's almost impossible for modern people NOT to have some variety of gut problems. It may not manifest as GERD or IBS, but will ultimately manifest somehow, as some type of immune weakness or whatever.

Most of us are simply too "divorced" from our "food environments", for extended periods in our lives. The best most of us can do is buy organic and stay away from processed foods. We don't kill/butcher our own meat, we don't dig our roots from the ground, we don't pick our food from the trees, etc. Those processes are where most of our gut bacteria used to come from, if I understand correctly.

But even if we do wind up getting closer to our food supply in that way, most of us don't live our whole lives in it. We all go through some period of our lives where we don't do it. And it only takes just a very short time to screw things up. A year or two of eating a lot of processed food is enough. I just watched my mother screw up her gut after my Dad died. She went from cooking everything from scratch and eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies all her life, to eating Stouffer's frozen meals. After two years of that her poops (which had always been stellar) are all messed up. She is unwilling to go to the lengths I went to to fix my gut, so she's just living with it. She's gone back to mostly eating from scratch but things aren't improving much. It's like the damage is done and only drastic measures (which she's unwilling to take) will fix it.

I had some friends that never ever used to wash their potatoes before they cooked and ate them. When I found out about this I was *horrified*. We used to eat together a lot and I made them start washing the potatoes because I thought there might be animal feces on them or something. The horrors!! :rolleyes: Now I know they were in all likelihood on the right track by not washing. Although with conventionally grown potatoes, probably not. But I never wash my organic potatoes any more. I'll brush them off but that's it.

@Strawberry, do some reading starting at the beginning of the big gut thread for more on potato starch. I like it but it's a first step, not a cure-all or long-term commitment, and should be varied with a lot of other things.

jepps

I had some friends that never ever used to wash their potatoes before they cooked and ate them. When I found out about this I was *horrified*. We used to eat together a lot and I made them start washing the potatoes because I thought there might be animal feces on them or something. The horrors!! :rolleyes: Now I know they were in all likelihood on the right track by not washing.

@whodathunkit, Mercola suggests, not to wash the dishes to clean, not with the dishwasher, and let a little dirt on the dish, to change bacterias with other people:):
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...0506Z2_DNL_NB&et_cid=DM74114&et_rid=942070589
Wash your dishes by hand instead of in the dishwasher. Recent research has shown thatwashing your dishes by hand leaves more bacteria on the dishes than dishwashers do, and that eating off these less-than-sterile dishes may actuallydecrease your risk of allergies by stimulating your immune system.

The relatives of my mother all are farmers. When I drank something there, I did not know, if the glass was cleaned prior or no, they ever were a little dirty:). Maybe this biologic way of life was more healthy than our lives today.:hug:

Gondwanaland

DH coughed up a kind of red worm from his sinuses, about 2 inch long. It had a head and a leathery red body with a kind of gut all along it in the middle. He felt it when it got detached under his eye.
WTF!!!!!!
Interesting indeed. One year ago I was prescribed albendazole for a supposed giardia. This drug also treats against worms, but the giardia protocol is longer. While I was taking it, I felt a twitch under my left eye, and it would feel like an agonizing worm :depressed: Later I found out this drug made me severely depleted of magnesium, and attributed that twitch to low magnesium... :cautious: o_O

Asklipia

All week-ends are different.
This time we had a fairly smooth day on Saturday, except from the appearance in the afternoon of two-three huge painful pimples each, located in the back of the neck.
And at night memories of instants of our life which were unpleasant. I would not say very bad or catastrophic, just slightly unpleasant. Like remembering something I said which would have been better unsaid but did not bring consequences. Little flashes of disharmony.
Nothing worrying and much much better that the FEAR I had before!

And the interesting thing is DH's pimples broke out this Sunday morning (yes I know disgusting :vomit: but for the sake of science I am ready for anything!). They smelled incredibly strongly of iron! It seems that iron is being excreted!
Do you remember Dogperson and the extra iron she had found in her dogs' liver? The fact that iron was trapped in ER if I remember well, and that this extra iron created manganese deficiency?

Well iron is on the way out it seems. Could it be attached to fungi released by the Sanum?
Some more pimples have appeared on my thyroid just as I write. No problem as long as I don't go back to this fear business.
Good luck everyone!
:balloons::hug::balloons:

Gondwanaland

They smelled incredibly strongly of iron! It seems that iron is being excreted!
Do you remember Dogperson and the extra iron she had found in her dogs' liver? The fact that iron was trapped in ER if I remember well, and that this extra iron created manganese deficiency?
It is so interesting how I seem to be in synchronicity, even though I am not on Sanum :alien:

I currently have raised iron and ferritin, anemia and amenorrhea with low estrogen. It took me about 24 hours to figure out what is going on after I got the lab results. I have been taking 10mg Zinc for 2 weeks. I thought this would lower iron, but it lowers copper before, so there is no copper to create new red blood cells and iron raises. This (high iron) will suppress manganese, explaining low estrogen and amenorrhea (which has been a long-time problem).

A curious external sign is the peeling cuticle skin in fingernails (which I exceptionally didn't have when I was taking a balanced multimineral).

My husband is also taking 10mg Zinc daily for a longer time. I noticed he is looking pale, has frequent IBS-D, and interestlingly NO (eww) furunculosis anymore, but a few pimples in his lower belly o_O.

Today I restarted the balanced multimineral and hope to reverse the anemia soon. Perhaps tonight I will even take some extra copper - I have copper drops so I can take a very low dose.

The worse part is the weakness and fibromyalgia that settled in one week ago.

Sorry for sidetracking the thread.:oops:

Last edited:

whodathunkit

Update: my mood fairly well cleared last Thursday or thereabouts. Still holding steady...no blackness or "debilitating" anxiety, cynicism, or other kinds of "mental morbidity". I had a pretty good weekend. So the depressed weekend Sanum pattern doesn't seem to holding for me.

Again, I'm also taking some herbs to bust parasites and biofilms so they may be doing something, too.

Rash/pimples fading from my thymus area (sternum). Almost completely gone.

raised iron and ferritin, anemia
Izzy, what do you mean by this? Ferritin level is mostly how anemia is evaluated, isn't it? My ferritin level stays pretty much in the teens, so when it goes up that's always good news. I'm aware that lab values can present us with oxymorons quite often (high B12 doesn't necessarily mean your body can use it, just for example), but still would like to know more about what you mean by this.

Gondwanaland

Izzy, what do you mean by this? Ferritin level is mostly how anemia is evaluated, isn't it? My ferritin level stays pretty much in the teens, so when it goes up that's always good news. I'm aware that lab values can present us with oxymorons quite often (high B12 doesn't necessarily mean your body can use it, just for example), but still would like to know more about what you mean by this.
The zinc supplementation created a shortage of copper. Iron can't build RBCs w/o copper, therefore my RBC count is obviously low. The high iron I attribute to poor lonely iron looking for some copper to pair up :hug:

There must be some hormonal implications from low copper that I am unaware of right now.

Yesterday I took the multimin in the morning and about 50mcg of copper only at 5:30PM just when the serotonin breakdown was about to begin. The B2 in my body just looooved it!:thumbsup: No sign of the blurred vision, low body temperature and poor cognition that usually accompany the serotonin breakdown for me. I am even feeling smarter today :p

Something to study:
http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/minerals/copper

jepps

@whodathunkit and @Asklipia thank you for telling these interesting things! :)
For me it´s just the same then the last 5 weeks: there´s movement in the cervical spine, as testing shows still. I realize this as frictions and pulling sensations from the cervical spine to the shoulders.
But I find, it´s a good sign: there are also sediments in this sensible area, where many nervs are situated. And it shows, that we can really reach the nervs with treating the gut.
All the best for you further!:balloons::):hug:

Gondwanaland

I thought I would post this info here as supporting measures that can be taken when addressing Candida. It comes from a site I trust.
Yeast Infections / Candida - Vulva Dermatitis / Vulvovaginitis (inflammation of vulva or vagina):
High/low copper, low zinc, low sulfur, low Vitamin A, low Vit B2, low Vit C, low Vit E, abnormal estrogen,
poor blood sugar management, use of antibiotics, low soluble fiber intake. Eliminate all simple sugars.
If tolerated, use Xylitol instead. [opt. garlic, probiotics, cranberry, coconut oil, myrrh, bentonite clay].
Internal / external use: diluted tea tree oil, diluted oil of oregano, diluted apple cider vinegar, liquid clay.
External use: 1-3% hydrogen peroxide (tolerance), 3% potassium sorbate, boric acid (caps / suppositories).
Simple Sugars / Carbs: (to be eliminated)
White sugar, brown sugar, honey, agave nectar, corn syrup, maple syrup, sorghum syrup, molasses.
Sweet / ripe fruit (bananas, pears, figs, dates, raisins, sweet melons...), dried fruit, canned fruit
(peaches, mixed fruit), fruit juices (apple juice) - unless watered down.
maltodextrin, anise, alcohol, licorice-candy, Stevia.
Sucrose, glucose, fructose, maltose, dextrose, galactose, trehalose, D-ribose, and other "...ose" variations.
Candy, ice cream, chocolate, pop, donuts, cakes, cookies, sweetened cereal & granola, jam, marmalade.

Asklipia

On 10th May I posted this
And the interesting thing is DH's pimples broke out this Sunday morning (yes I know disgusting :vomit: but for the sake of science I am ready for anything!). They smelled incredibly strongly of iron! It seems that iron is being excreted!

Well iron is on the way out it seems. Could it be attached to fungi released by the Sanum?
Interesting to see this post today by Richard Nikoley on Freetheanimal :
How Food Enrichment Made Us Fat, Diabetic, and Chronically Diseased
Food for thought.

The week-end was not too bad, 2 hours of fear on Sunday afternoon, that's al!

Asklipia

The week-end is over, and no noticeable problem, same as last week-end, which was also uneventful. Not very comfortable, some irritation but nothing bad.
For the first time last week, on Thursday, I felt the fear for about three hours.
Something else must have triggered the death of candida, but I cannot identify it.

Who is still on Sanum? Any news? :)

jepps

I am happy to hear from you, @Asklipia. I am on Sanum still, for me treating Candida long enough is an important key, besides treating methylation.

I still make progress. I go for an hour for a walk each day (about 2 miles), work in the garden, the last weeks very hard, because the last years I was not able to do anything in the garden - I could not tolerate heat, wind, moisture, and had no energy for doing much. It was much work in the overgrown garden.

Interestingly a few weeks before I had huge candida hyphen nets in the stool, I never had this before. Since this phase I have more energy and I am more stabil against temperatures and weather. The bioenergetic testing shows detoxifying mercury and borrelia of brain and nervs.

I believe, that when the immune system is compromised, candida overgrows anything. Also in nature fungi has an overgrowing quality, it bounds to everything in the nature, and also in the body. In treating fungi long enough we have the chance to treat the infections and toxins in the body. Long enough to reach also the nervs and the brain.

I wish you a nice weeks for you and your family!
:):angel::hug::balloons:
jepps

Last edited: