• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Salmonella (?) Infection

Has anyone dealt with salmonella and the aftermath? I'm severe and can't type much but had giardia a few months ago and have just had an acute gastro problem, suspected but not confirmed yet to be salmonella, and even though the infection feels like it ended a couple days ago it has left behind joint pain, tightness and tenderness, extreme sensory sensitivity, major brain fog and increased achey flu like feelings which is pretty scary and has me fretting about developing fibromyalgia in particular. These symptoms are increasing not decreasing
If anyone has experienced something like this I would be grateful to hear what was recommended to you and how your progression went. Thank you