• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Receeding Hairline in Women

TheMoonIsBlue

Are there any other women out there that are dealing with receeding hairline hair loss?

To be clear, I am not experiencing hair loss all over. In fact, my hair is quite thick and I dont seem to loose very much hair when I shower.

The receeding hairline started about 5 years ago when I developed a little "widow's peak" (I guess thats what it is referred to as).

It has gotten worse and it is just receeding right in the middle of my head at the hairline, creating a much deeper widows peak.

You cant notice the hair loss if I wear my hair loose and down but you can if I pull it back.

I don't think it is hormones or thyroid, have all those tested regularly, always excellent, and I am not near menopause or peri menopause yet.

Has anyond found anything that works? Certain vitamins or supplements?

Some people have good results with Minoxidil (Rogaine) but I am not so sure......and there are some scary possible side effects listed like:

• chest pain or palpitations
  • dizziness or fainting
  • skin rash, blisters, or itching
  • sudden weight gain
  • swelling of the hands or feet
Another thing to look into is Iron levels. I had a bunch of iron tests including Total iron-binding capacity (TIBC); Transferrin saturation. My Ferritin levels are normal (though on the low side of normal) but I believe my saturation levels were slightly low.

I also remember being told when I was a teenager by a hair stylist not to part my hair in the middle or same side every day or it could create "bald spots"......I should have listened! :mad: I have parted my hair in the middle all the time for years.

Hopefully there is something that can keep it from getting worse?