• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Random symptoms

Emmarose47

Past 2 days I have such horrible toe pain it's like tooth ache in my toes..
Also I have headache in my eyeballs...

Emmarose47

Could this be related to a sinus infection?
Hi Tree man
No, I did used to get them bad but use a spray when get bit stuffy and use steam and salt rinses if I get more symptoms. I've been clear for mths and mths now so am pleased.
I get a lot of nerve pain in my left temple it's like a screwdriver. It hard to live with. It used to radiate up across the side of my head to the back and still can but not as bad. I take 25mg amitriptyline which helps some.
When it starts I use ice packs and codeine paracetamol. I can feel nauseous. It is incapacitating.
I can normally clear it in 24hrs hrs if I keep up the ice packs.
The pain in my ice balls comes with it.
I've had all this yrs now.
I wear a mouth guard at night and practise jaw stretching.
I do wonder if an impacted wisdom tooth on that side has something to do with it? The tooth doesn't cause other probs well apart from some nerve sensitivity sometimes.
If I was well enough I'd get the dentist and the doc to do investigations.

Emmarose47

Oh and I get tinnitus on the same side too and that ramps up when I use screens for too long...
Im looking forward for being a spirit and not having a head 🤣 yippee.....

Wishful

ME seems to affect pain perception. There might not be a physical cause in wherever you perceive the pain, but the neurons responsible for registering pain sensation in that location might be misfiring due to some ME mechanism.

LDN was very effective for blocking my no-physical-cause pain perception. No guarantee that it would work that way for you. It's really too bad that the pharmaceutical industry doesn't offer (cheap) sample sizes: just a few pills to see whether they are worth continuing with.

Treeman

ME seems to affect pain perception. There might not be a physical cause in wherever you perceive the pain, but the neurons responsible for registering pain sensation in that location might be misfiring due to some ME mechanism.

I read (or watched, can't remember which one) recently that it could be like phantom pain coming from a dysfunctional vagus nerve?

Mary

Moderator Resource