• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prusty talks about his upcoming research on a podcast

Osaca

13:27 a Yale study and others, there are many papers coming out

Anybody heard of this?
I believe he's referring to the connection of acute Covid and EBV. Iwasaki had a paper on EBV reactivation after acute Covid. In my opinion this isn't too strongly connected to his research though.

Last edited:
I understand the private tests at Longhaulers.world hope to add Prusty's tests to the list they offer in the UK. Just had an email, they are talking to their lab in Ireland.
I would like to know why we can't be testing all the potential biomarkers so far announced right now - either by Decode ME being expanded - it already has a participant database with history and DNA accumulating, or simply through having someone accumulate a database to which we can send our test results when we get them privately. We could do with one database, one collated list of potential blood tests/panels, a list of labs offering tests, a questionnaire that can be downloaded, completed and returned with test results. Data would simply pile up gradually until a researcher was available with time to put it into an AI, with the right questions, for analysis. Why does it have to cost millions and take years? Why are there so many 'orphaned' small studies that are never scaled up when potential biomarkers could be tested in bulk and the least accurate gradually dropped from the suggested list of tests?

Tsukareta

Just the finding that our IGM causes significant changes to mitochondria when applied to some cells seems to be a highly significant discovery, is it possible that its the same thing Ron Davis already discovered though ? I think Prusty said this only affects the Endothelial cells ? but wasn't Ron testing PBMCs ?

Aidan Walsh

Of all the biological research done over the years, it does not explain the countless things found in these patients from spontaneous Spinal fluid leaks, (TOS) Thoracic Outlet Syndrome on both sides, Eagle Syndrome, Chiari, Pineal Gland Tumor Cysts, Pituitary Adenoma, Tethered Spinal Chord, Compressions, mutations in Folate & on top of all these Aorta heart issues, it is almost like our bodies have been destroyed by antibiotics & Vaxxes. We should be looking for Toxicology substances as any cause

Last edited:

Oliver3

Surely it's that we start with the wrong kind of tissue which is then subsequently degraded.
Not all humans are created equally are they?
Sone have huge muscle mass, dense collagen etc and some don't. It s just we get rubbed out faster because we're more vulnerable from birth.
Jen brea is if that opinion. I don't know why this isn't just obvious to the scientists.
Our vascular systems aren't as strong. Nothing is.
We're like a sub par hotel..creaking at the seams.
I'd love to see some regenerative work done on tissue.
Surely all those guys working on regenerative medicine in Panama should be tapped.
There's one woman down there, name escapes me now, who has used herself as patient zero to regrow muscle and reverse the markers of ageing. And it's working
Antibiotics? Everyone is exposed to them. And yet only certain groups struggle with them.
We're the canaries in the coal mine. That's are there is to it....were just more susceptible to viruses etc because of our tissue. I just know this is the case in myself.
I find it wierd no one wants to go there.
I know it's depressing. But it's true.

Oliver3

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/bioviva-gene-therapies-liz-parrish-longevity

A lot of us have lost muscle mass through wastage and catabolism.
Liz Parrish has reversed the atrophy , grown her muscle mass and has the metabolic markers of a 25 year old, althoughsges 50.
Obviously she's selling her business, but are there any m.e. researchers going down this road?
I know this might be perceived as a hit piece on her. I think it's fair. But as is pointed out, trad medicine has ZERO help for us and people like Parrish are putting their body where their mouths are so to speak and taking big risks with their own health

Last edited:

Aidan Walsh

Here is part three of Dr Prusty's interview with Gez Medinger

Does anyone know what test is it for the Natural IGM? Is it possible it is the IGA IGG IGM antibodies test they also use with the Alpha-Gal Meat Allergy to check the levels or for (CVID) Common Variable Immune Deficiency & (PID) Primary Immune Deficiency or is the test Natural IGM something completely different?

I was tested twice for IGA IGG IGM antibodies, they were both times in complete Normal ranges with no deficiencies

Aidan Walsh

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/bioviva-gene-therapies-liz-parrish-longevity

A lot of us have lost muscle mass through wastage and catabolism.
Liz Parrish has reversed the atrophy , grown her muscle mass and has the metabolic markers of a 25 year old, althoughsges 50.
Obviously she's selling her business, but are there any m.e. researchers going down this road?
I know this might be perceived as a hit piece on her. I think it's fair. But as is pointed out, trad medicine has ZERO help for us and people like Parrish are putting their body where their mouths are so to speak and taking big risks with their own health
Is she now fully completely recovered no relapses no illness no symptoms no PEM & able to do everything a normal person can do?

Osaca

Does anyone know what test is it for the Natural IGM? Is it possible it is the IGA IGG IGM antibodies test they also use with the Alpha-Gal Meat Allergy to check the levels or for (CVID) Common Variable Immune Deficiency & (PID) Primary Immune Deficiency or is the test Natural IGM something completely different?

I was tested twice for IGA IGG IGM antibodies, they were both times in complete Normal ranges with no deficiencies
No. It's a self developed ELISA test that isn't available anywhere in the world. Details are described in the TLC interview and in the paper.

Oliver3

Is she now fully completely recovered no relapses no illness no symptoms no PEM & able to do everything a normal person can do?
Liz Parrish doesn't have m.e.
She's trying to cure her son's type 1 diabetes. So she has decided to create a regenerative medicine company.
As she says, small risks need to be taken in terrible illnesses.
My point was, is regenerative medicine a route people are looking at here?
We don't know what we may discover if we go down this road.
But just saying, well has it cured everything.
Nothing's touched the sides of this illness.
There was a time when we were all well..mostly.
If we turn back our metabolic age, could things change?

Tsukareta

I guess I would need to read the paper carefully if its been finalised and what not properly but is it possible that Prusty made some kind of assumption or mistake, we are talking about viral infections so is it possible that rather than mitochrondrial fusion-fission being the cause of the change in IgM it could just be that the virus is killing off the plasma b1b cells, or depleting the IgM by causing abnormal elevations in cell deaths throughout the body ? ( he said this IgM has the role of a scavenger ? ).