• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prof. Carmen Scheibenbogen Recommendation of nutritional supplements

Oliver3

No, I absolutely do not want to watch the video. I have a really slow connection, limited data, and a computer too slow to play vidoes without a lot of stuttering. When people attach a video to threads here, I unwatch the thread. Life without urban high-speed internet is very different.
Here's the cute for m.e. but I've unwatched the thread!

lenora

Hello @SWAlexander......Definitely over the age of 50 one should be on Ubiquinol and not CoQ10. Yes, it can get confusing, but it's what our body requires.

My husband had two cardiac arrests on the same day, and was declared dead both times. There is a different between a heart attack and a cardiac arrest....you usually don't recover from the latter.

However, I had been given CoQ10 for a few years and out of a room of cardiologists (the next day), only one approached me about this matter. He was our cardiologist for many years, and today it seems that most of them are familiar with Ubiquinol. It certainly hasn't helped me in my struggle with high cholesterol, but I do take it faithfully.

It's especially nice when you encounter a doctor who knows standard medicine as well as alternative meds. More and more, especially cardiologists, are falling into this category. I wish you luck if you also have cardiac problems. Oh, and Sieglinde, my husband will be 80 years old this year. He was in his late 40's when the events occurred. Best of luck...and I hope progress is being made for your move. Yours, Lenora

SWAlexander

Best of luck...and I hope progress is being made for your move
Hi Penelope. My move has to wait.
Sending off my medical history for a second opinion before Christmas, the news came on Jan 3rd, meaning, my dream of returning to New Mexico is now out of reach for now.

Both a hematologist and a cardiologist, after reviewing my medical history with Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS), von Willebrand Factor (vWF), and my latest EKG results, have reached the same conclusion.

A summary translation from both doctors:
"Developing Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS) during COVID-19, combined with von Willebrand Factor (vWF) and thrombosis, my condition poses a particularly high risk. Patients with APS are at an increased risk of both arterial and venous thrombosis, as well as strokes. This risk is further heightened in the context of air travel, making it inadvisable."

That means I am stuck in Germany unless APS is somehow disappearing.
The better news was that the particle size of 70% has gone down. This means the next test in July will determine if I can fly.
Greetings, Sieglinde

lenora

Good day, Sieglinde.......How disappointing for you. At least the doctors are taking it seriously....a miracle in itself.

Well, please take very good care of yourself. No falls, or bumping into anything and definitely no surgery. I'm sorry to hear the news....but know you'll be on here and will keep us informed.

New Year wishes for HEALTH and happiness in 2024.

Yours, Penelope xo

Last edited by a moderator:

Rufous McKinney

That means I am stuck in Germany unless APS is somehow disappearing.
The better news was that the particle size of 70% has gone down. This means the next test in July will determine if I can fly.
how frustrating....

I assume taking really slow boats is not feasible?

SWAlexander

I assume taking really slow boats is not feasible?
Oh no. Many things speak against boat trips.
1. I get very seasick and the long trip would cause my last bit of energy.

2. and, how would I get from the East Coast to NM?

A crowded Train is not an option and renting a car is either. My skeletal muscle weakness does not allow me not to hold a steering wheel for more than 20 miles.

Some of my friends want me to come, but I must find the quickest way, which will be at least an 18-hour flight.

Rufous McKinney

I get very seasick
large ships don't include much sea sick

I get really sea sick also....I found that out in 1974.

the East Coast to NM?
train ride, get a Pullman

renting a car is either.

I once road halfway across the country wiht a disabled guy who drove in his station wagon. Found him on a ride board. At a college.

It was an incredibly eye opening experience at the time, to spend several days with a quadraplegic. It deepened my appreciation for what being disabled, meant.

There are people who drive for other people. I think hiding out in a train is far more relaxing than driving. Longer distance trains aren't like a commuter train.

Plus it's the US. Hardly anyone uses trains.

lenora

No, nothing specific Alvin 2. However, a lot of research and plenty of reading were available probably 25 years ago. Like I said, most cardiologists are now aware of Ubiquinol or Co-Q10, and that's good.

I won't go into the entire story of my husband, but I'll tell you that the cardiologists in the room that day could not believe that he survived what he did. True, he was younger.....but no one would even transfer him to a different hospital or even send him for tests b/c his condition was so precarious. Scary, to say the very least.

Finally, the cardiologist who knew about Co-Q10, operated probably 4 mos. later and came running into the Waiting Room. Of course, I thought he had arrested once again but no, he couldn't find any damage whatsoever. He does exercise every day, has frequent check-ups and the latest "magical" thing if a chemical stress test as opposed to the older treadmill. Good luck. If I find anything, I'll let you know. Yours, Lenora