• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll: What brand/form/dose/timing of potassium do you take? What switch to?

Rand56

Seems like you people taking potassium gluconate tolerate it well. I'll have to try that. Both potassium citrate and potassium chloride give me stomach distress. Potassium bicarbonate I can handle but I have to make sure I take it far enough away from food so it doesn't hinder the digestion of food.

Rosebud Dairy

Potassium amino acide chelate has been doing me well, and I can take at least 2000 mg on days when I anticipate I may need to be making more red blood cells.

snowathlete

Potassium Gluconate from Holland and Barrett, here in the UK.
They come in 99mg tablets.
I was taking two a day (one morning one evening) but after a low potassium episode yesterday when i forgot to take my potassium, i have trippled my dose from today. I will probably go higher once i have had time to think it over.