• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please sign the Petition to help save Karen Gordon's Life

Countrygirl

We had over 22 000 sign to save Alice and the hospital capitulated.

Please keep circulating Karen's petition.

I shall be checking my email lists to see who would sign and ask them to circulate it further.

linusbert

We had over 22 000 sign to save Alice and the hospital capitulated.

Please keep circulating Karen's petition.

I shall be checking my email lists to see who would sign and ask them to circulate it further.
can you send a request to all those who signed that petition to sign the other?

maybe write Elon Musk on X and ask him to retweet the petition. sometimes he does this.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I don't have a X account (or any other social media accounts) but I did share on my FB page though most of the people there don't really understand about ME/CFS. :(

Countrygirl

https://www.thecanary.co/uk/analysis/2023/09/20/karen-gordon-severe-me-nhs/

Yet another woman is dying from severe ME while the NHS stands idly by

A woman living with severe myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) is being denied appropriate care by an NHS trust. Her and her family fear for her life. This is because her condition is rapidly deteriorating, while a hospital fails to fully support her. However, her story is not the first case where the NHS is catastrophically failing women living with severe ME – and sadly, it’s unlikely to be the last.

Severe ME: an awful disease​

Karen Gordon has lived with severe ME for nearly 20 years. It is a chronic systemic neuroimmune disease not dissimilar to Long Covid. You can read more about ME and its symptoms here. Around 25% of people living with the disease are classed as ‘severe’ or ‘very severe’. These people are generally, if not permanently, bedbound; they’re often unable to eat solid food, and sometimes barely able to communicate.

This is what Karen’s life is like. As a petition her family set up for her notes:...............................................

Countrygirl

can you send a request to all those who signed that petition to sign the other?

maybe write Elon Musk on X and ask him to retweet the petition. sometimes he does this.
I am about to go into hospital for the first of two surgeries so am now limited in what I can do so I hope others will pick up the baton.

hapl808

Signed it. Posted it on some various social media.

So terrible that we're reduced to signing petitions to try to stop physicians and hospitals from actively harming us. Then they wonder where the animosity comes from. It comes from their own dismissive and arrogant attitudes.

Countrygirl

Lifesaving healthcare still not being provided for Karen.​

Michael Gordon
Polegate, ENG, United Kingdom
8 NOV 2023 —

Karen is getting thinner and thinner and we are all very worried that she will die. It has been more than six months since East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (ESHT) withdrew Karen’s I/V feeding. She is still not managing anywhere near enough feed and water via her PEG-J feeding tube. Karen desperately needs I/V feeding and I/V fluid without delay.

It has been more than 6 weeks since we emailed Joe Chadwick-Bell, the CEO of ESHT. She still has not responded to us about our serious concerns and our call for urgent action. She also has not responded to our follow up letter. The Trust have not responded to Maria Caulfield our MP either. Maria Caulfield is a Health Minister.

The CEO has not made any suitable arrangements for Karen to commence I/V feeding and I/V fluid and has not indicated to us that she has any intention of doing so.
Karen says that ‘the Trust are obviously just waiting for me to die.’
Thank you to all of you who have signed and shared the petition. Thanks also to those of you who have chipped in to promote the petition and / or left a supportive comment. It is all really appreciated by us. Please continue to tell people about this petition and continue to share it on-line so that more people can sign to try to help Karen.

Time is running out for Karen.

Best wishes to you all,
Karen, Heather & Michael

sunshine44

Que sera sera

Lifesaving healthcare still not being provided for Karen.​

Michael Gordon
Polegate, ENG, United Kingdom
8 NOV 2023 —

Karen is getting thinner and thinner and we are all very worried that she will die. It has been more than six months since East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (ESHT) withdrew Karen’s I/V feeding. She is still not managing anywhere near enough feed and water via her PEG-J feeding tube. Karen desperately needs I/V feeding and I/V fluid without delay.

It has been more than 6 weeks since we emailed Joe Chadwick-Bell, the CEO of ESHT. She still has not responded to us about our serious concerns and our call for urgent action. She also has not responded to our follow up letter. The Trust have not responded to Maria Caulfield our MP either. Maria Caulfield is a Health Minister.

The CEO has not made any suitable arrangements for Karen to commence I/V feeding and I/V fluid and has not indicated to us that she has any intention of doing so.
Karen says that ‘the Trust are obviously just waiting for me to die.’
Thank you to all of you who have signed and shared the petition. Thanks also to those of you who have chipped in to promote the petition and / or left a supportive comment. It is all really appreciated by us. Please continue to tell people about this petition and continue to share it on-line so that more people can sign to try to help Karen.

Time is running out for Karen.

Best wishes to you all,
Karen, Heather & Michael

😞😞😞

Countrygirl

Why aren't these hospital executives charged with corporate manslaughter? They deliberately let patients with ME die as in the case of The Wonford Hospital, Exeter. How can they escape justice repeatedly?

linusbert

Why aren't these hospital executives charged with corporate manslaughter? They deliberately let patients with ME die as in the case of The Wonford Hospital, Exeter. How can they escape justice repeatedly?
because the US UK gov. is covering the interests of its stakeholders

Last edited:

sunshine44

Que sera sera

It’s incomprehensible and happening right before our eyes.

And then, dateline programs (in US on tv) are done of terrible events and people think there is a checks and balance system. But there is no dateline stories coming for us. And why is that?

It’s like an inverted system where what appears good and helpful… is not.

Because in a good system, something like this would never be allowed to occur. Ever. These poor people have gone above and beyond to save this woman and they still cannot obtain any help or care for her.

There simply aren’t words.
Fir how bizarre it is that there is no public outcry mostly over cases like this.

I hope to God, one of her family and friends figures out how to rig a iv feed fir her… but I understand that’s dangerous and obstacles involved.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I hope to God, one of her family and friends figures out how to rig a iv feed fir her… but I understand that’s dangerous and obstacles involved.
Maybe at least to give her a feeding tube like Whitney and others have if her weakened body could even handle the procedure to place that? Still at least it would be a workaround and allow her to get nutrition and hydration.

@Howard is it a difficult procedure?

Countrygirl

because the US gov. is covering the interests of its stakeholders
This is the UK and the reason is a group of BPS proponents whose names are associated with PACE have a stranglehold on the disease. One of them, a co-author of FINE, sister of PACE, and proponent of GET.CBT has just been awarded an OBE by Princess Anne for her care of patients and her LONG Covid work! The Establishment gives its stamp of approval to the mismanagement of ME and supports a psychiatric interpretation of the illness.

sunshine44

Que sera sera
Maybe at least to give her a feeding tube like Whitney and others have if her weakened body could even handle the procedure to place that? Still at least it would be a workaround and allow her to get nutrition and hydration.

@Howard is it a difficult procedure?

From what I understand, she has a j tube already and needs to move over to IV nutrition fully which I don’t think is easy to implement.

I wonder if someone could find a volunteer dr etc willing to assist? Might be hopeful thinking.

Countrygirl

From what I understand, she has a j tube already and needs to move over to IV nutrition fully which I don’t think is easy to implement.

I wonder if someone could find a volunteer dr etc willing to assist? Might be hopeful thinking.
She needs TPN but no hospital will provide it without making her endure procedures and an environment that would be intolerable and very detrimental to a patient with severe ME.