• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PIP REVIEW UK - asking for your knowledge and experiencence on types of M. E and research

Emmarose47

Hi all so it's that time again..
PIP review..
I've been awarded for 5 yrs now. 1stly when I applied and then 2 yrs later a review. So this last review I was then awarded an increase and for 3 yrs.
I've deteriorated since then and can get a report from the hospital and also my mental health team so that is good. I also have more home help now so letters from them both will help.
Last time I completed the form was with a charity who helped with form filling. Thing is this time I don't think I've got the energy to dictate to her via phone what to write..
Um.... And I don't have anyone to fill it out for me so looks I'll need to do it. I'll ask on the benefits and work forum if that's seen as a detriment.
Maybe I'll just add on the form that I did it over wks (I'm asking for a time extension as I didn't have the energy to fill it out with an agency.