• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Masking" of Deranged pH by the Core Metabolic Rate

The pH paradox also plays a role. My mother has Alzheimer’s. I believe her brain is trying to maintain a pH that's too low. But we don't see the too-low pH, because everything else has been downregulated to accommodate it, so this masks it. Her core metabolic rate is too slow, so we don't see that her pH is too low.

It's as if her software knows she’s in the present, but her hardware is stuck in the past. In other words, the “soft” or immaterial part of the pineal gland knows what time it really is. But the “hard” or physical pineal gland itself has mineral calcification (likely iron in the case of Alzheimer's, and manganese in the case of ME/CFS) that throws its ability to read time off.

My friend Heather has chronic fatigue syndrome. I believe her brain is trying to maintain a pH that's too high. But we don't see the too-high pH, because everything else has been upregulated to accommodate it, so this masks it. Her core metabolic rate is too high, so we don't see that her pH is too high. It's as if the acidity of the metabolic rate is canceling out the alkalinity of the deranged pH -- which may be exactly what the metabolic increase is designed to do.

The body, ultimately, will not allow the pH to be deranged. Deranged pH is fatal.

About me:

I'm a writer by trade who became a medical researcher by accident, when I got sick. But being an outsider gave me an advantage: seeing the body with fresh eyes. The course of my research led me, surprisingly, to possible explanations for Parkinson's, ALS, Alzheimer's, and cancer, all by doing one simple thing: looking at human health through the lens of quantum physics.

Looking at human health through the lens of quantum physics means seeing all illness as relative to one thing: time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Basilico

Florida
Her brain is trying to maintain a pH that's too low.
1) What should the pH of her brain be?
2) How did you determine what her brain is "trying to do"?
3) What pH is her brain aiming for?

But we don't see the too-low pH, because everything else has been downregulated to accommodate it, so this masks it. Her core metabolic rate is too slow, so we don't see that her pH is too low.

1) What was her metabolic rate when measured?
2) What should it ideally be?
3) If you can't tell that it's too low, how can you assume that it's not too HIGH? Or that it's not exactly what it should be?

the “hard” or physical pineal gland itself has mineral calcification (likely iron in the case of Alzheimer's, and manganese in the case of ME/CFS) that throws its ability to read time off.

It's as if the acidity of the metabolic rate is canceling out the alkalinity of the deranged pH -- which may be exactly what the metabolic increase is designed to do.

1) Please explain how the amount of energy being used by the body in a given amount of time can cancel out alkalinity.
2) Do you know what alkalinity is?

From Wikipedia:
Alkalinity is the capacity of water to resist changes in pH that would make the water more acidic.[2] (It should not be confused with basicity which is an absolute measurement on the pH scale.) Alkalinity is the strength of a buffer solution composed of weak acids and their conjugate bases. It is measured by titrating the solution with a monoprotic acid such as HCl until its pH changes abruptly, or it reaches a known endpoint where that happens. Alkalinity is expressed in units of meq/L (milliequivalents per liter), which corresponds to the amount of monoprotic acid added as a titrant in millimoles per liter.

Although alkalinity is primarily a term invented by oceanographers, [3] it is also used by hydrologists to describe temporary hardness. Moreover, measuring alkalinity is important in determining a stream's ability to neutralize acidic pollution from rainfall or wastewater. It is one of the best measures of the sensitivity of the stream to acid inputs.[4] There can be long-term changes in the alkalinity of streams and rivers in response to human disturbances.[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkalinity

Last edited by a moderator:
@Basilico Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you.

In general, the body tries to maintain a pH of 7.

I don't believe there yet exists a way to measure the basal metabolic rate that would 'correct for' it being misperceived because of deranged pH, but I would like to see one.

When I asked the pineal gland what time it was, it responded that it's Always Now. Which is similar to what the sages have taught, and what Einstein told us in March, 1955: "The distinction between past, present, and future is only an illusion, however tenacious this illusion might be." It's Always Now. But the character of Now changes. Time is relative—fast in the past, and slow in the future. As the universe accelerates, time is slowing down.

So what happens if the body cannot accurately locate itself in time (which I believe takes place in the pineal gland)? If the body misreads its place in time, the nervous system can't function properly. Specifically: It doesn't function at the right speed. You’re in this Now, but your body thinks you’re in a different Now. If time is here, but my body thinks I'm here, in the past, the present is going to be tantamount to electricity or manganese toxicity, and I'm going to be cycling time too quickly. We call this Parkinson’s. If time is here, but my body thinks I'm here, in the future, the present is going to be tantamount to gravity or iron toxicity, and I'm going to be cycling time too slowly. We call this ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease. These are errors in calibration, where the rate at which we’re cycling time and the body’s location in time don’t match.

There can also be errors in perception, where the rate at which we’re cycling time and the location in time match, but are incorrect. If time is here, but I’m cycling time at the speed of the past, and my brain has located itself in the past, it’s Alzheimer’s. If I’m cycling time at the speed of the future, and my brain has located itself in the future, it's myalgic encephalomyelitis or chronic fatigue syndrome.

These are systemic problems with the neuroendocrine system—the glands and their communication with each other and with the nervous system. But the misperception of time can also take place within individual organs and individual cells.

When individual cells misperceive which time signature they’re in—typically because the cells’ matter to energy ratio is too high and its pH too low, which correlates with the past—they cycle time at the wrong speed. Cancerous cells are healthy cells that are cycling time too quickly—at the speed of the past. Now, I say misperceive, but to be technical, it’s not misperception. With a high matter to energy ratio, these cells are in the past.

PS I love MadLibs, and just gave my nephews the "Sleepover Party" edition, for Christmas!

Last edited:
Here's another way of looking at it. pH, like speed, is relative: you can only measure it if you're outside it. We can only measure our own speed if we are stationary; otherwise, we don't notice it, because we're one with it. So it is with pH.

As the universe accelerates and time slows down, the powers of hydrogen—the powers of light—are increasing. But we don't perceive this, because we're one with it.

The pH our brains need to sync with in order to maintain life is perpetually increasing. When I say health is about keeping pace with time, I mean health is about syncing with the right pH.

When our brains try to maintain a pH that's too low (the past), our basal metabolic rate slows down, to correct for this. It's as if the alkalosis of the core metabolic rate cancels out the acidosis of the deranged pH. But when we slow down the core metabolic rate, time speeds up. This is relevant in Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.

Similarly, when our brains try to maintain a pH that's too high (the future), our basal metabolic rate speeds up, to correct for this. It's as if the acidosis of the core metabolic rate cancels out the alkalosis of the deranged pH. But when we speed up the core metabolic rate, time slows down. This is relevant in ALS, autism, and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Last edited:
I understand that these ideas seem exotic for the time being. But new ideas come first, then we design studies to test them, then they become ratified (or not!). New ideas tend to seem controversial at first, by nature.

First they ignore you
Then they laugh at you
Then they fight you
Then you win.

Although, to be honest, I don't really like the word "win," because that's from the old paradigm.
In the future, we all win. :)

Asklipia

@Asklipia I meant to wish you a happy new year. :cool:
And to you too!. I mean I look at Indra's Net with love and it activates good things all over the Universe where you are reflected in innumerable and simultaneous and timeless scintillating jewels!
:star::bow::star::angel:
Of course this applies to everyone "else" reading this!
Including "myself".

Last edited:
I'd like to see someone test these ideas, so please feel free to share this hypothesis (and it is merely a hypothesis) with practitioners or researchers. One of the things about a masking of deranged (high) pH and subsequent overly fast metabolic rate is it'd mean the body was trying to maintain basal metabolic "stats" (heart rate, BP, orthostatic pressure, etc.) that were higher than what was genuinely called for.

I know that general anesthesia is contraindicated for those with ME/CFS. I wonder if it's the "returning" the patient to an atmosphere that differs from the one his/her body thinks it should be in that's dangerous. How does general anesthesia work -- what part of the brain do the drugs affect, and how? Or, more specifically: What is the process by which the patient is returned to "normalcy"? Is heart rate, BP, etc. controlled by some central switch, or do they have to adjust each individually? How do you "set" a person's BP?