• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for doctors in Los Angeles just for paperwork and rx, not treatment or experiments

Mouse girl

I know this is utterly pointless. I have asked for this on facebook groups and on here and other places since the internet ruined the cfs/me community and no one ever has any suggestions.

BUT......i am looking just for docs who believe in the illness, get how disabling it is and take patients locally just for paperwork etc. I have tried it all, and I am done with the fantacy of getting better, don't want to try more pointless things that make me worse. But, i can't survive without a doctor who will sign off on jury duty, medicare, disability etc and who get that tramadol is needed for pain etc. To me, this is the tragdy of this illness, patients need these servicies more than silly experimental treatments and false hope. But, it's been a so hard to find anyone at all in 30 years.

Had an amazing doc, he left medicine. I see the guy who trained him but he is old and constantly pushes me to try stuff that i end up conceeding to at times so i don't seem uncompliant but ends up making me sooooo sick and set back and he just did it again with some pointless test i did not want or ask for. He will likely retire at some point soon and i am only 55, so i need a doctor.

Mouse girl

yup, just what i thought............this is why the interenet detroyed the patient community. no helpful info and local doctors or just people to connect with in real life anymore.