• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for a good book on endocrinology

Faith2007

Hey there.

I have had a lot of endocrine system testing done that I need to interpret, including testing without any type of normal range given, or previous results to compare it to. I was specifically going after issues that a tiny pituitary gland tumor or cyst could produce. But I have issues with thyroid, adrenals, and ovaries as well. So I'm looking for something comprehensive, since I haven't even looked at the hypothalamus yet.

My CFIDS doc recommended that I got to an endocrinologist, however that endocrinologist knows nothing about CFIDS, and considers anything in the regular range, no matter how close it is to the lowest or highest of the range, not to be a problem. My CFIDS doc has some knowledge about the endocrine system, and uses a different range for evaluation which is better for ME/CFS, but doesn't have this level of knowledge, so you understand the issue.

Thanks for all of your recommendations, or pointing me to a post that already has book recommendations.

Faith2007

This person wrote a good book about endocrinology. Excellent, reader friendly.
Would you please tell me the title of this book? I'm underweight and not looking for weight loss, but that's not what I think you mean.

Violeta

Would you please tell me the title of this book? I'm underweight and not looking for weight loss, but that's not what I think you mean.
The Schwarzbein Principle.

No, it's not a weight loss book. It's a lot of information about the endocrine system and what to do about issues.