• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

KSTP News Minneapolis: 'Minnesota’s first ME/CFS doctor on a mission to expand care to ‘everybody who has the disease’’

Dakota15

Sharing one of the lead stories on our evening news tonight in Minneapolis, MN. This is the third ME / LC feature this reporter and station has spotlighted since December. Some of you may also be familiar with Dr. Ruby Tam or ME/CFS Clinic Minnesota.

KSTP News (ABC Affiliate): 'Minnesota’s first ME/CFS doctor on a mission to expand care to ‘everybody who has the disease’’

''It’s a debilitating disease associated with profound exhaustion, and it’s recently become intertwined with long COVID.'

‘...I owe everybody who has the disease a responsibility to get the care they need to them, either myself or educate their local providers and practitioners to help get them better.”

Hope_eternal

Sharing one of the lead stories on our evening news tonight in Minneapolis, MN. This is the third ME / LC feature this reporter and station has spotlighted since December. Some of you may also be familiar with Dr. Ruby Tam or ME/CFS Clinic Minnesota.
Have you tried the clinic? Interesting that several of the testimonials mention the Perrin technique. I came across the technique months ago and found a doctor in our area. I think I need to follow up on this and try it on my son, it seems it can be helpful for some with ME. I may even try to call the clinic you provided as well. Thank you for sharing!

Hope_eternal

https://theperrintechnique.com/about-us/

“The Perrin Technique™ is based on Dr. Perrin’s theory that different stress factors whether physical, allergies, emotional or infections lead to an overstrain of the sympathetic nervous system.

Further investigation has led to a probable cause of this nervous system overload being a build-up of toxins in the fluid around the brain and the spinal cord. Some of the poisons caused by infection or inflammation in the head or spine flow through channels from the brain into the lymph ducts of the head face and neck.

The toxins are also meant to drain down the spinal cord and out into the lymph ducts lying along the spine. In a ME/CFS sufferer, there is a backflow of these normal drainage points which leads to further toxicity and dysfunction of the central nervous system. This leads to all the many symptoms we see in ME/CFS.”

Mary

Moderator Resource
I went to Ruby Tam's clinic's website, which says this - it's incredible - free health care for uninsured and under-insured persons with ME/CFS and LC in 10 DIFFERENT STATES! See:

Dr. Ruby Tam taught herself about ME/CFS after she had an ME/CFS patient, and realized she had never been taught about ME/CFS in medical school. So instead of telling the patient it was all in their head, she realized she didn't know what she didn't know and set out to find out about it. And this was the result --

Dakota15

@Mary Dr. Tam is a saint and is a very compassionate MD.

I saw Dr. Tam & ME/CFS Clinic MN just shared this update on their LinkedIn as well. I hope she continues to raise the bar for this field that she seems to be doing (and especially in MN where state legislation & dedicated funding measures were passed last May for ME & LC).

Fingers crossed this passes the finish line for approval, along with #MEAction’s work as well.

1712506852730.png

Last edited: