• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inflammation Testing

Treeman

Hi, can anyone advise me on finding one of the best inflammation tests on the plant.

I've had a CRP here in England which showed nothing, however I recently had a procedure that showed high levels of inflammation? Therefore I think the crp is too limited for me.

Sorry of this has been debated and answered elsewhere, i couldn't find anything. Thanks.

Nord Wolf

The Northman
I've had odd results over the years with inflammation testing. For years all my blood tests came back negative for inflammation, of any kind. However, imaging (CT scans, MRIs) all showed severe levels of inflammation in various layers and locations. I know other folk who have blood test inflammation markers without having inflammation symptoms.
Every time I get a negative inflammation marker blood test back I roll my eyes as my wife palpates huge inflamed regions on my back.

Treeman

I've had odd results over the years with inflammation testing. For years all my blood tests came back negative for inflammation, of any kind. However, imaging (CT scans, MRIs) all showed severe levels of inflammation in various layers and locations. I know other folk who have blood test inflammation markers without having inflammation symptoms.
Every time I get a negative inflammation marker blood test back I roll my eyes as my wife palpates huge inflamed regions on my back.

Ditto

CRP test, no inflammation, I have ibs-c. Then had a colonoscopy, Dr said colon is full of inflammation?!

godlovesatrier

Let me know if you find them @Treeman your best bet is doctors lab in london though, that's probably it.

I'll be getting my iron ferritin and CRP redone. I would expect them to be back to my old baseline post covid (crp was 13 I think when I had covid), if not then something continues to addle me.

High esr would suggest a lot of clotting/autoimmunity. In which case LDN would work. But my ESR has been 2 for 6 years, could do with getting it retested though.

https://privatebloodtests.co.uk/pro...ion-rate-in-blood?_pos=1&_sid=51ae54952&_ss=r £138