• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Improvement of immune dysregulation in individuals with long COVID at 24-months following SARS-CoV-2 infection

New study published April 17th, 2024.

Improvement of immune dysregulation in individuals with long COVID at 24-months following SARS-CoV-2 infection

Here's my immediate questions and serious concerns with this publication:

Why did they only study patients with "mild to moderate" Long COVID?

There are millions of us across the globe with severe Long COVID resulting in ME/CFS & dysautonomia (highly disabling conditions). 50% of LC patients meet the criteria for ME/CFS. We cannot stay out of bed. Study us.

And, if you must publish data on "Mild & Moderate" patients with just "occurrence of one of three major symptoms; fatigue, dyspnea, or chest pain" but not Post-Exertional Malaise or Dysautonomia, please update the title of your publication accordingly.

Those of us with ME/CFS have a measly 5% recover rate (decades of research). Sad to see no mention or consideration of the Moderate to Severe LC patient population.

Yet, an article essentially titled, "you'll get better with time." For half to more than half of us, this is simply NOT TRUE.

Yet another article telling me I'm disabled at 32 and the world is going to do nothing about it.

andyguitar

Here's my immediate questions and serious concerns with this publication:
Yes it is not ideal but I found this interesting, the last line here....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 22-36-27 Improvement of immune dysregulation in individuals with long...png
    Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 22-36-27 Improvement of immune dysregulation in individuals with long...png
    165.3 KB · Views: 25
I am helping you!

Yes, I actually spoke to Senator Casey's office, Rep Wild's, and Rep Scanlon's office last week about not only establishing a coordinating mechanism at the NIH for infection-associated chronic conditions, but regarding Senator Sander's Long COVID "moonshot" proposal as well.

I serve as a LET member for Solve ME, and I work for the Department of Defense reviewing clinical trial grant applications for ME/CFS.

I agree to need to continue pushing legislation and advocating!