• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ideas on how to boost dopamine?

Calathea

Since BH4 seems impossible to get hold of (I'd never even heard of it), could you at least tell me whether you found the rhodiola and tyrosine helped at all?

Mimi

Sorry for that misread. Tyrosine and BH4 - big help. Rhodiola not so much but it's been a while. I just got some in the mail, though, so I can let you know. I've done a lot of detoxification so I expect things will affect me differently.

I don't take anything alone, but I have taken BH4 without tyrosine and it's not as effective for me. Also, I have been taking s-acetyl glutathione for a long time and wouldn't do without it. That alone is neuroprotective.

I just read that they used to torture mice by injecting them with BH4 and found that that hurt their substantia nigra cells. But how much, and whether they injected directly into their poor brains, I don't know. Glutathione from NAC was effective protection in that case.

The prescription dose, Kuvan, is 100 mg. so I feel pretty safe with my little 2.5 mg. doses.

Last edited: