• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hydrogen Rich Water for ME/CFS - Friedberg Pilot Study

Methyl90

Hi, can you confirm that only magnesium with water will give me a much lower PPM concentration than the combination of malic acid and magnesium? I feel like my poles don't work anymore after just two uses 🤔😩

Hip

Hi, can you confirm that only magnesium with water will give me a much lower PPM concentration than the combination of malic acid and magnesium?

I don't know for sure, but the reaction of Mg with water is much slower, so unless you leave it for days, you will not get much H2 produced. Whereas the reaction with malic acid is fast and intense.

junkcrap50

Hi, can you confirm that only magnesium with water will give me a much lower PPM concentration than the combination of malic acid and magnesium? I feel like my poles don't work anymore after just two uses 🤔😩
The magnesium rods after some uses will also have gotten an oxide layer on it, which the weak acid will take off and expose raw magnesium.

Methyl90

Are 2-3 g of acid with 3 g of magnesium bar sufficient for a 750 ml bottle? I don't have the shavings but only pieces of bars.