• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Holy cow this Th1/th2 Test!

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
So i recently tested my th1/th2/th17 Balance

And It went Like:
Th1 771
Th2 52
Th17 69 (No reference values IT seems)

But:
Th1/th2 14.83 (ref 0.8-1.2)

Indicating my th1 system is horrificly active. What to do about this? I read ME/CFS is Most likely a th2 Shift. Does that mean i May Not have CFS? I am confused. Please Help me Interpret this.

Attachments

• 17075585090914344477302988664445.jpg
    17075585090914344477302988664445.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 23

linusbert

let me guess, you barely ever get sick? but when you feel like a bit remission you get sick?
you didnt get corona or it was just a 2-3 day thing?

Blazer95

Exactly! I rarely Catch a Cold since getting sick

I got Corona really Bad once but after that i was in Remission for 1 whole week Feeling completely normal

linusbert

I got Corona really Bad once but after that i was in Remission for 1 whole week Feeling completely normal
i have the same effect, for me i get better when sick. but corona i only had 1 bad day. and anothe 5-6 mild cold symptoms.

i recently read a paper that infection upregulates glyco pathways, making more use of sugar which is required for immune system. that kinda could have a effect for the energy producing system to. but i guess its a pathway the body doesnt want to keep up prolonged.

Blazer95

Did you find anything useful? I found that Doxycyclin once Made my Symptoms decrease but it wasnt reproducable. Apperently Doxycyclin and minocycline are antibiotics that are Not only antibiotic but also inhibit inflammatory pathways mainly of th1.

So maybe the effect came from there

Blazer95

I want to update you all about what i find even more confusing.

Apparantly high neutrophiles and low lymphocytes indicate a th2-dominance. Wich I do have.
Got borderline high neutrophiles and low normal lymphocytes so its going into that direction...

BUT the test showed th1-dominance.

Really are very contrary findings that just make me confused as hell.
th1 increasing products like artemesia seem to make me worse, th2 increasing products seem to supress my symptoms and make it worse over time. maybe the th1 worsening is just a herx?

I AM SO CONFUSED.

linusbert

its complicated, there is a reason why body shifts to th1 or th2 and this reason could be valid or bullshit but i think its best to try find out where the shift comes from. if you got a viral or pathogenic load you cannot just shift things around and hope it works out just fine.

slightly offtopic but maybe worth a try, i found information about "detoxing" the c19 spike protein.
the recommendation is primary Nattokinase + bromelain + curcumin.
(https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9458005/)
its not working only on spike, but on other pathogens too. so what every there might linger in the dark you might be able to tackle it with nattokinase.
nattokinase also resolves those biofilms and old garbage tissues from healing.
so in fact taking nattokinase with antibiotics is boosting effects of antibiotics because the antibiotics can reach places it couldnt.

Blazer95

1715864494555.png

i am so confused. i have rarely seen a th1 normal th2 in the toilet in association with cfs.

can anyone help me interpret this gibberish? i was expecting to see th1 either high or low but not th2 low.

Blazer95

this might be one hint: https://figshare.utas.edu.au/articl...ction_of_Depressed_Patients_in_Vitro/22906055

according to this study escitalopram decreases IL-17 wich is just the S-enantiomer of citalopram so this could have something to do with it.

i still dont understand why its THIS low. this doesnt make any sense at all. my theory about my illness pathology is completey overthrown by this new information

Did you find anything useful? I found that Doxycyclin once Made my Symptoms decrease but it wasnt reproducable. Apperently Doxycyclin and minocycline are antibiotics that are Not only antibiotic but also inhibit inflammatory pathways mainly of th1.

So maybe the effect came from there
well you could test for that if you took anti inflammatory drugs which inhibit similar zytokines as doxycycline couldnt you? i also took doxycyclin and azithromycin once and it made my symptoms a lot better in the beginning. yet the effect wasnt reproducable. yet i have a chronic infection which i figured out later and i need those antibiotics longterm. you can also try thymus peptides for activating the immune system if they do anything to further narrow things down.

Carl

A dramatic rise in Th1 can mean that the immune system is fighting intracellular pathogens. Some pathogens can shift to intracellular including MRSA. I read about some herbs which can block this. It might of been something like an extract of cayenne or a related herb. That is the best that I can remember ATM.

My immune system shifted from a strong Th2 to a strong Th1 response after being bitten by a tick which has made managing ME extremely difficult. For decades I could manage my ME fairly well, except for the early morning thing, but now I cannot tolerate foods that I could previously by stimulating IgE and keeping in a set pattern. That eliminated most of my symptoms except for some very rough mornings and up late at nights. Virtually no pain and energy was not too bad unless exposed to food challenges.

linusbert

i wonder, i read another story(ies) of people getting stung by a wasp(or was it bee?) or some other poisonous animal like a spider and then miracolously improving.
there seams to be something about poisons which seam to cure some things.

one reported he got stung into the hand where he had arthritis and low pain for years due to a small fracture in that hand. after the sting it was gone.

maybe it resets the immune system or something, i dont know.
or the poison kills deep pathogens.

you got bit by a tick and it got worse, but a tick transmits virus and bacteria and poses a challenge. i dont think this is the same with poisonous sting or bite as the mechanism is poison and not infection.
maybe after a tick you need a sting.

Carl

i wonder, i read another story(ies) of people getting stung by a wasp(or was it bee?) or some other poisonous animal like a spider and then miracolously improving.
there seams to be something about poisons which seam to cure some things.

one reported he got stung into the hand where he had arthritis and low pain for years due to a small fracture in that hand. after the sting it was gone.

maybe it resets the immune system or something, i dont know.
or the poison kills deep pathogens.

you got bit by a tick and it got worse, but a tick transmits virus and bacteria and poses a challenge. i dont think this is the same with poisonous sting or bite as the mechanism is poison and not infection.
maybe after a tick you need a sting.
I was not suggesting it was like a sting. I am fairly certain that I contracted a Bartonella co-infection from it as well as the Borrelia Lyme infection. Not had a successful test for either, only one false negative for Borrelia so far. NHS testing is crap when a person can actually get a test. We cannot even get a Doctors appointment in the UK without jumping through hoops and phoning during the worst time of day early in the morning.

What I was saying was that intracellular pathogens can make the immune system move to a Th1 response rather than the Th2 which I relied upon before. There are also other none Lyme pathogens which can do a very similar thing as I mentioned. Just be thankful it isn't Lyme TBVH because they can be extremely difficult to eradicate. [Oops it looks like Blazer95 does also have Lyme judging by Blazer95's sig]

I don't recommend antibiotics to ME sufferers because of what I know about the cause of ME and my ideas hold up better than any other theory. Biofilm protected Pathogens in one location of the digestive system will adapt to any antimicrobial rendering it useless in future. That means if you take many DIFFERENT antimicrobials all will become useless against the causative pathogen(s) when it is proven. That will make a cure considerably more difficult.

Imagine having nothing to use against the pathogen which would otherwise cure you of ME. That is the situation which we are all in and I have a lot of experience of this adaption to antimicrobials. Mine have adapted to Turkey tail mushroom which had the strongest ever effect against the pathogen causing my ME, the 2nd dose, no reaction. I had not expected the reaction otherwise I would of removed the biofilm before taking it. Lesson learned. It was the same with Silver because they are all, multiple infections creating an extremely high digestive permeability, now resistant to all forms of silver. Ellagic acid (Pomegranate juice) might hopefully change that.

@Blazer95 It looks like you are in a very similar position to me judging by your sig as that says that you have a positive test for Lyme and Bartonella infections. Have you see the forum about treating Bart?
It's a closed forum, no one can join or post but he uses it to post ideas about treatment including using an Eggplant extract. I ordered some of that, took two tries to get it but I have that now but I am trying to work out precisely where the lymph nodes are in the lower leg which I believe are causing swelling of my lower legs when I stand. Lots of discomfort too and I want to try some of the extract on the Lymph nodes in my lower leg but I now cannot find a good picture of where they are.

Google is not helping. I want to go very very slow with it until I know what effect it has. He claims that it helps to reverse the immune suppression caused by Bartonella. My immune system is being wrecked by these F'in things. I cannot make progress with ME and solve that until I make some progress with Bart so I can stand up without my legs swelling up and the pain and discomfort I get after standing for short times. I cannot even sit with my legs down because of this and it's a very uncomfortable way to sit. I just cannot stand up for long enough to do what I need to eliminate ME.
https://bartonella.freeforums.net/board/1/general-discussion
They cause calcification and can raise Blood Pressure which they have done in me. They can also promote cancer because they stop the body from destroying the (abnormal) infected cells which can also extend to cancerous cells.