• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone gotten their CD3+CD56+ (NK-T-CELLS) tested?

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
First of all i dont mean NK Cells i mean cd3+cd56+ NKT Cells.

After this common mistake is cleared a friend of mine who also has ME/CFS found his NKT Cells reduced Just as Mine.

I have found some anecdotical evidence that this might happen more frequently in Post infectious ME/CFS.

What i wanted to know: did anyone ever get them checked? I would be Interested in some Sort of Chart as how Common this is

Cheers

Blazer95

Ok. I'm posting this not only for me but for everyone who might stumble over the NKT cell stuff.

I ran this question through 2 different AI systems (Gemini, Perplexity AI):
"Wich diseases are associated with low levels of NKT (cd3+cd56+) cells, wich diseases with high levels?"

I ran the question through the systems multiple times and both came to this conclusion:

High levels:
- Cancers
- Some compensatory reaction in HIV patients for whatever reason

low levels:
- Autoimmune Conditions (f.e. Sjorgens, Lupus, MS)
- Certain Viral Infections, for example CMV
- Some inherited immune dysfunction disorders (rare)

AI answers should be treated with doubt and care. However to draw conclusions or build hypothesis it might be helpful.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
First of all i dont mean NK Cells i mean cd3+cd56+ NKT Cells.

After this common mistake is cleared a friend of mine who also has ME/CFS found his NKT Cells reduced Just as Mine.

I have found some anecdotical evidence that this might happen more frequently in Post infectious ME/CFS.

What i wanted to know: did anyone ever get them checked? I would be Interested in some Sort of Chart as how Common this is

Cheers

I have had alot of lymphocyte subset testing done over the years. I found mostly my cd8 and 4 t cells were high and cd3 nk cells were high, cd56 nk cells were within normal range. The lab results would say either lymphocytosis or say possible current viral infection.
My nk function and nk bright cells, i got tested in a cfs study, were very low.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Thanks for Sharing your Tests @heapsreal

I appriciate it :)
I think with cfs and nk cell and T cell numbers, is that if abnormal they can be above range or below range. My old cfs dr said that basically high nk and T cell numbers indicate a current infection and low numbers can indicate immune cells fatiguing, probably from fighting chronic infections??

Low nk function I've heard it mentioned as a functional immune deficiency. Makes people susceptible to chronic infections, particularly viral infections. Also increases the risk of cancers, but have heard that in some cases with low nk function, other parts of the immune system may pick up the slack when it comes to cancers???

At a minimum, it's evidence that our immune system is dysfunctional, either from a chronic infection/s or some sort of autoimmune issue.

I think it can be good evidence if you can get a lymphocyte subset test done twice a year for a few years and see if there's a pattern or it's ongoing. Atleast if a Dr says cfs is just 'depression' and just take the dam zoloft. You can say, can you explain the last 5yrs of abnormal nk and T cell readings. Even though drs can't really treat it, atleast it's showing something abnormal is going on with the immune system.

Cheers👍

Blazer95

Im lucky to have a doctor that acknowledges that ME/CFS is a real disease. That in itself is rare enough.

The Thing that intrigues me the Most is that my NK Cells are Most Always rather normal. Its the NKT Cells (cd3+cd56+) aswell as the CD8+ T Cells that are reduced Most Always.

My gut says that its some Type of cytotoxic immune exhaustion.

I wanna try Dr. John Chia's Protocol soon with the Oxymatrine and Taxifolin (DHC) to See If that Changes my Levels. A Test before and after would be great but are quite expensive because Not coverd by insurance.

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts heapsreal.
Its an interesting topic in general, Not only for me but for every CFS sufferer i think :)

Hipsman

User @Hipsman found a selective NKT (cd3+cd56+) deficit aswell:
Yes, I just looked at my old lab tests again and I can see that I first tested them on 06.06.2019, and then again on 24.06.2021. Both time they were significantly decreased from the normal range! I don't remember whether I tested them more than 2 times, these are just the tests I could find.

- Some inherited immune dysfunction disorders (rare)
I think my me/cfs is this basically, some wierd autoimmunity/dysfunction, I haven't made any genetic testing yet thou. I also have mild PANDAS since I was 7 y/o after infection, the only symptom I have is facial tics. The facial tics lasted till I was about 9 y/o or so, then they went away. However facial tics returned when I got me/cfs! Then in 2022 I did a course of custom streptococcus vaccines and the tics went away completely, however it's now 2024 and the tics start to return, I will be trialing some more streptococcus vaccines soon, but oral ones instead of injections. Overall it seems my me/cfs symptoms appreared in mild form in 2016 and then slowly worsened till I became moderate around 2019-2020, then the worsening stopped and the body very slowly recovers it seems, most notably I don't feel like I get PEM anymore, however I definitely had PEM in 2017-2020. However my worst symptom has always been brain fog, and it is still really bad now, brain fog haven't improved.

Blazer95

Guess i am taking this more strategical now
17139788073073704029793012892414.jpg