• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ensitrelvir for long covid and enterovirus?

Dude

Ensitrelvir binds to a region of the viral RNA polymerase enzyme that is required for the virus to replicate. By binding to this enzyme, ensitrelvir inhibits the synthesis of new viral ones.

Guess this is the japanese counterpart to paxlovid. I read somewhere that there will be a trail in the US. (Sorry really sick atm cant Provide more details.)
Bard says it could work for some enteroviruses to, but i havent checked on that yet.

BrightCandle

I think the issue with antivirals generally is that they don't seem to solve the way chronic viral infections work. Viruses take over cells, form tubes between cells and move about completely away from the space between cells or the blood. Replication doesn't seem to be something they are always doing and stopping it might be important for an acute infection but during that latent and chronic stage not so much. We I think require a different sort of breakthrough in antiviral therapies, more than likely one that marks cells for destruction by the immune system on finding that its been hijacked.