• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ellie Fry, of The Mirror, publishes Millie's story: 'I can't walk, talk or eat - doctors don't believe what's wrong with me and I think I'm dying.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..

Millie's story on BBC tonight/

The so-called 'relevant' experts referenced by the hospital are psychiatrists with the ME experts regarded as 'irrelevant'. The 'diagnoses' are psychiatric ones and FII for Mum.
Glad to see this.
And they didn't get any of those PACErs to give an "expert" opinion on air made of lies.

Countrygirl

GK-M4l0XUAAHrOk

Sounds like they are just harassing her to see if she cracks. I just wonder if honestly believe something positive can come out of doing that, or if they're just some sadistic c**ts.

hapl808

Saying she's 'in a crash' is probably an understatement. I can't imagine how awful this whole experience is for everyone involved. I have trouble making it to the kitchen even on crutches, and a 20 minutes relaxed conversation can crash me for days.

What they're doing to her is torture. I wish there were countries that dealt with this better, because I'd be tempted to try to move there. I'm in the USA, but I don't think we'd do any better (various horror stories about Mayo, etc). I've thought about Japan just because they're generally quieter and more respectful in medical facilities, but they also don't really recognize MECFS or related conditions, so not sure how that would actually go.

We just have no support or access to care. For us, modern medicine often does more harm than good. It's inexcusable.