• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does anyone have a ME-literate MD or DO in the Portland OR area for filing SSDI claim?

RWP (Rest without Peace)

Someone else is trying to help me with this, but I can't find any MD or DO who can help me file my SSDI. I have a N.D. for my regular doctor, but that won't help me with Disability.

RWP (Rest without Peace)

I too was going to suggest @Learner1 as I thought she lived in Washington/the Northwest.

It might be hard to find a ME-literate doctor, but perhaps an integrative/functional doctor could help.
Yes, @junkcrap50 , but those are also hard to find (MD or DO).

By the way, I have even checked into Dr. Kaufman and Dr. Ruhoy in Seattle (3-4 hours away), and they are not accepting new patients.

By the way, my wife, @PWR (PeacewithoutRest), is bedbound, and I am her sole caregiver. She is being evaluated for CCI treatment, including possible surgery. So that complicates any travel plans...