• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coxsackievirus test by ArminLabs

Hip

But are these 2 from Armin even being done properly?

No, they not even done properly. The IFA method of antibody detection is often a bit more sensitive than the ELISA method, but not as sensitive as the neutralisation method recommended by Dr John Chia.

And ArminLabs are not even testing for the most common Coxsackie viruses found in ME/CFS, which would be B3 and B4.

Dr Chia says that the most common enteroviruses he finds in his ME/CFS patients are:

• CVB3 and CVB4 first and foremost
• Then CVB2, EV6, EV7 and EV9
• And then much less EV11

The ArminLabs coxsackievirus B test is deceptive, because most people ordering this test will not realise that they have only been tested for B1, and not for B2 to B6. So they may think they've had a comprehensive Coxsackie test, but the test for just B1 is near useless.

It does not actually mention on the ArminLab Coxsackie test page that his test only looks at B1. So you would not know this if you just look at the test page.

It's only if you go this ArminLabs webpage (under: Virology > Ligand Assays) that you see his test is only for B1 and A7. So not very honest.

The Armin Lyme test is also mired in controversy, as it seems to find almost everyone positive. A bunch of healthy journalists and TV personalities sent their blood to ArminLabs, as a test of the Lyme assay. All of them were found to be positive for Lyme, in spite of having no health issues.

Last edited:

sometexan84

Wow, that's crazy. So ArminLabs just sucks... check.

So for people in non-US/Germany/Brazil/Greece/Serbia countries... is there a reliable way to get Enterovirus labs done?

Hip

Wow, that's crazy. So ArminLabs just sucks... check.

ArminLabs do have a few useful tests, such as the HHV-6 IgG antibody test by IFA. The HHV-6 Foundation say to test for chronic HHV-6, you need IgG by IFA, not by ELISA.

And ArminLabs have cytomegalovirus IgG, which is useful for ME/CFS patients.

And they even have an HHV-7 IgG test by IFA. HHV-7 is similar to HHV-6, and HHV-7 has been linked to ME/CFS, but does not respond to most of the HHV-6 antivirals like Valcyte.

But their Coxsackie test is of little use to ME/CFS patients.

So for people in non-US/Germany/Brazil/Greece/Serbia countries... is there a reliable way to get Enterovirus labs done?

There are labs in these countries that offer coxsackievirus B neutralisation tests, but it is not always easy to deal with them. Some will not work with you unless you go through your doctor.