• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chlorphenamine: Vetting a wacky Reddit post

Forummember9922

Today I revisited old posts on reddit touting chlorphenamine. Curious if anyone has thoughts RE Legitimate aspects of that claim

Personally, I have recently tried to get off Chlorphenamine and done worse, and then after redosing it today, I noticed I felt somewhat better after redosing (brain fog, fatigue, anxiety. depression, pain), prompting my post and my curiosity.

It does have some antiviral properties https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8820487/#:~:text=Chlorpheniramine maleate, a widely used,2019 (COVID-19).
(What doesn't though)

Posts on reddit detailed something about the 'chlorin ring' related to viruses- and Chlorphenamine being some superior option regarding this. I am not well versed on this chlorin ring stuff, and that term is what I am most curious about if there is any legitimacy.

I think if nothing else chlorphenamine might be good for extreme cases of insomnia and potentially a mast cell stabilizer

Old reddit post

Maybe if you stay on an older generation antihistamines for a long time you risk cognitive side effects, but when I find any symptom relief I like to count my mini victories and share in offchance of value.

Last edited: