• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Brilliant idea by Arron Campbell: fundraising for massive billboards campaigning for ME and Long Covid Research.

Countrygirl

A patient, Aaron Campbell, has started this excellent campaign and one board is already up.

It is starting in the UK, but hopefully will be copied elsewhere.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/billboar...McL4svjgaxT-OZmL_tnSorz8SV0Lk78yS_KsvyVAhG-wQ

Please donate if you can.

76050253_1697718219513560_r.jpeg

JasonPerth

Aaron is a superstar for combining Long Covid with ME/CFS. Im sure im not alone in hoping one cant be cured without the other. Its a shame so many LC organisations completely ignore ME. Especially considering its an umbrella term that includes people with a loss of smell…

I saw this video yesterday made by a friend of the YouTuber Physics Girl, who had a very successful channel, then got Long COVID a year and a half ago, and for the past year has been completely bedridden.

He talks about what Long COVID is, and I was pleasantly surprised to see he talks about CFS too, and says they are very similar and might even be the same condition.

lyran

To be honest, I would rather donate my money straight into a promising research than for building a billboard in hope for research. But I get the point and hope this leads somewhere.

JasonPerth

To be honest, I would rather donate my money straight into a promising research than for building a billboard in hope for research. But I get the point and hope this leads somewhere.
I guess its promoting the illness for thousands of pounds in hoping for funding of millions.

I would march at Parliment all day if i could and wasnt bedridden. This will have to do

Viala

It's equally important. The more people know about CFS the more chances we have to receive proper help. Research can take some time, meanwhile we need support now.

It would make a huge difference if CFS was publicly known and respected as a disease and if everyone heard about it. Large part of the problem are people who do not understand it which drives this disease further because of emotional trauma and lack of support, especially when it comes from a doctor.

Imagine the world where everyone know CFS well and react with care, empathy and understanding. So many people would get support from others, it would improve our quality of life and make it much easier, not to mention financial support that we deserve. No more struggle with convincing anyone or explaining it again and again. A visit to a doctor would be soothing and validating. That would take a lot of stress out of our already stressed condition.

JasonPerth

These are Images from the first 1-2 months

Attachments

• IMG_9142.jpeg
    IMG_9142.jpeg
    745.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9141.jpeg
    IMG_9141.jpeg
    755 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9140.jpeg
    IMG_9140.jpeg
    591.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9139.jpeg
    IMG_9139.jpeg
    688.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9138.jpeg
    IMG_9138.jpeg
    775 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9137.jpeg
    IMG_9137.jpeg
    859.6 KB · Views: 10

JasonPerth

The
It's equally important. The more people know about CFS the more chances we have to receive proper help. Research can take some time, meanwhile we need support now.

It would make a huge difference if CFS was publicly known and respected as a disease and if everyone heard about it. Large part of the problem are people who do not understand it which drives this disease further because of emotional trauma and lack of support, especially when it comes from a doctor.

Imagine the world where everyone know CFS well and react with care, empathy and understanding. So many people would get support from others, it would improve our quality of life and make it much easier, not to mention financial support that we deserve. No more struggle with convincing anyone or explaining it again and again. A visit to a doctor would be soothing and validating. That would take a lot of stress out of our already stressed condition.
the more people know about “me/cfs”