• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BPC 157 side effects

I wanted to get an idea about people’s experience with BPC-157.

So I have long covid (vax) induced CFS/ME complicated by SFN (biopsy proven), dysautonomia (hyperPOTS) and mitochondrial myopathy (biopsy proven). Also diagnosed with MS during this although neurologist is unsure of the diagnosis but continues to keep me on B cell depleting therapy. This is my third year with all of these issues and I am on propranolol, guanfacine, tadalafil and B cell depleting therapy. I also take ARA 290 and mitochondrial supplements and some other vitamins.

Well I started BPC 157 250mcg BID around three weeks ago and everything has been going really well. Almost immediately I noticed a change in my resting heart rate (60s -> 50s) and my orthostatic heart rate (100s -> 70/80s). Overall I felt better with more energy. I noticed in the afternoon before my second dose I would start getting agitated and almost panic feeling. This would go away after dosing my evening dose. I also noticed in the evening I would have bright red ears that burned. I didn’t think to much of this because I have raynauds and erythromelalgia from my dysautonomia. Last night I took my second dose around 10 and then around 1AM I had the onset of a cluster headache (unilateral orbital pain that was worst pain I’ve experienced with same side nasal discharge and Horners syndrome). It was so bad I drove to the ER but didn’t go in because it subsided around 30 minutes after it started. I had cluster headaches around 7 or 8 years ago when I was on an SSRI at the time but none have happened since.

I tried looking up side effects of BPC but there are limited human studies. Could this be serotonin or histamine related? I wonder why I feel so good on it and don’t want to stop if I don’t have to. Most people with side effects report anxiety while taking or a high heart rate while taking it - the opposite of me. I took today off and of course my resting heart rate and orthostatic heart rate jumped back up. I had been feeling so good on it for the last few weeks that I bought a three month supply so don’t want it to go to waste. I thought about TB500 but read it may not be great with autoimmune conditions or current immunosuppressant medications.

Any insight is appreciated!

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Why don't you just try lowering your dose...perhaps 125mcg BID (or even less) instead. Maybe the 250mcg was your "loading dose" and now you've topped off the tank so to speak and only need a lower maintenance dose now.

Idk. ??? Just a thought.

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
cluster headaches are no joke and i am really sorry you had to expierence this.

i had high blood pressure while on bpc and mild elevated anxiety. i didnt experience headaches.
my strongest guess is that it might be interfering with some of your medicines.

you arent currently taking the ssri are you?

did you take the bpc orally or injected? its said to be more intense when injected.

cluster headaches are no joke and i am really sorry you had to expierence this.

i had high blood pressure while on bpc and mild elevated anxiety. i didnt experience headaches.
my strongest guess is that it might be interfering with some of your medicines.

you arent currently taking the ssri are you?

did you take the bpc orally or injected? its said to be more intense when injected.
I haven’t taken the SSRI in years thankfully.

I am injecting it and usually feel the effects right away and about 8 - 12 hours later feel that withdrawal which includes heightened anxiety and rising heart rate again.

Probably will lower the dose like another user suggested and see what happens. I don’t want to experience another cluster headache as it was really intense.

Why don't you just try lowering your dose...perhaps 125mcg BID (or even less) instead. Maybe the 250mcg was your "loading dose" and now you've topped off the tank so to speak and only need a lower maintenance dose now.

Idk. ??? Just a thought.
That’s a good idea. I think I will try half today, hopefully continue to get the same good results while it’s in my system and less of a withdrawal.