• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Binders and endotoxins/LPS

tootsieroll

I am curious if binders itself can completely eliminiate gut issues if used long term. If toxins are continuously detoxed and eliminated, will endotoxins/LPS reduce permanently? Or can it only be reduced if it is eradicated using some antimicrobial? If it no longer has toxins to feed on, won't it die off itself?

Tsukareta

I got benefits from activated charcoal, when I first took it, it seemed to put me into a detox more so than heavy resting or liposomal glutathione did, 3 days of that detox fever then I started to feel great suddenly, unfortunately it stopped working well after that and if there was an effect it wasn't very noticeable. I suspect candida is my main issue but I need to do a full stomach test and possibly talk to a nutritionalist expert who understands candida, food sensitivities / allergies, and if possible has experience with mold sensitivity and MCS.

tootsieroll

Thank you! Sorry to hear it lost effect. Unfortunately, I did try activated charcoal and it somehow depleted nutrients in me. Specifically vitamin K as my blood thinned out.

Tsukareta

Thank you! Sorry to hear it lost effect. Unfortunately, I did try activated charcoal and it somehow depleted nutrients in me. Specifically vitamin K as my blood thinned out.
That makes sense, I just take it occasionally in minimal amounts to see if theres an effect and when I feel like I might benefit from reducing the toxins in my stomach, its more of a superstition than anything though. The reason I started taking it in the first place is a binder for mycotoxins which again I guessed was a problem but the science is really not clear about mold illness and the effectiveness of binders.