• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bad bloatedness and nausea

MaximilianKohler

High-quality donors are extremely rare.

Cost varies greatly depending on where you get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rufous McKinney

My digestion has improved 1000 percent.

a supplement I bought accidentally seems to be doing miracles for more than my digestion.

Its been recommended by other folks working on Long COVID problems.

I had no idea it would "do anything"...

It contains ellagic acid obtained from pomegranates.

- is the nausea related to bowel movements or is it more ongoing? and is it mild or rather intense?

chinese traditional medicine has alot of ways to treat mild nausea.

ruben

My digestion has improved 1000 percent.

a supplement I bought accidentally seems to be doing miracles for more than my digestion.

Its been recommended by other folks working on Long COVID problems.

I had no idea it would "do anything"...

It contains ellagic acid obtained from pomegranates.

- is the nausea related to bowel movements or is it more ongoing? and is it mild or rather intense?

chinese traditional medicine has alot of ways to treat mild nausea.
Thanks for this info. How long would you say I need to be on the pomegranate supplement before I notice anything? I have just started on it. I don't think my nausea is related to bowel movements, no. My nausea is pretty intense and pretty unrelenting too.

maddietod

Is this a new symptom or is it part of the reason you tried the FMT? If it's chronic, have you explored food allergies and sensitivities, and your gut microbiome? I've spent a lot of time down those rabbit holes, and have gotten a lot of relief. Sadly, it's all so individual....

Rufous McKinney

How long would you say I need to be on the pomegranate supplement before I notice anything?

I may be benefitting as follows:

my diet here, since September, I am consuming alot more fresh foods, local fruits, and eating black beans really well cooked, rather often. Thats a butyrate dose, I"m pretty sure.

So, I was just taking one a day; or every few days, I:"d take one and after about one month, I"m noticing bloat has been significantly reduced, drama reduced, my gut has calmed down a whole lot, "wind" is my biggest problem (chinese term for the bloat) and alot of SIBO. type problems were going on as recently as October when I had Dengue, too.

My lungs are moist: super noticeable when I after I take the supplement. I have been doing alot more, and not really having intense PEM the way I typically do. Hence why I think leaking has been reduced.

I expected to be sent to bed the day after Xmas. But that did not happen.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Does anyone have any effective remedies for pretty bad bloatedness and nausea. I have tried ginger with no real success.

It would be best if you could find the cause of your nausea and bloating. Years ago I had problems with my gallbladder, which showed up as bloating and indigestion. It could have been a lot of things, but my chiropractor who does muscle testing was able to pin down what was going on and gave me a very good product from Standard Process which helped a lot (A-F Betafood). I also learned a lot about gallbladders and what to eat, and also learned I was deficient in stomach acid. Supplementing with betaine hydrochloride with pepsin solved a lot of my digestive issues. I don't think a regular gastroenterologist would have been unable to sort this all out.

Anyways, once I knew what the problem was, I was able to deal with it. Muscle testing (done by a competent practitioner, most often a chiropractor) has been invaluable to me in sorting out several different issues. Without it I would have been flying blind.

Rufous McKinney

I'm curious where you got it cheaper, and how much you ended up paying for it. -- Thanks!

I received a call from a sales rep. I have his name and phone number. I got Two of Berry Berry and Two of the Stem Cell Complete for around $200. That was more money than I wanted to spend. their Berry Berry product contains some Acai, which I had been doing recently, frozen from Brazil. So I liked the idea the Acai was being grown in Florida, and thats why I bought the product to try, (knowing I would not be able to access Acai frozen any longer, besides Frozen is a big CARBON problem). (later on I told myself never answer the phone, and don't agree to buy things from Sales Reps.)

They are not growing Acai in Florida, that detail was wrong. So then I didn't take any of it for four months.

Frankly, I didn't even know why Stem Cell Complete came along with it. And the bottle says it helps joints which isn't my big issue.

The Remission Biome folks are trying Ellagic acid, which is when I sort of put this together. So if you can access pomegranates, pomegranate juices and or extracts.....thats a source. I can't get any here at the moment.

Pecans and walnuts are other high sources of ellagic acid.