• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B2 I love you!

Freddd

Hey @Freddd, this is all fascinating. I coincidentally found lithium to be my missing piece recently and my symptoms in some way mirror yours. I first contacted this forum coz I had a b12 crisis from taking NAC although I’ve never had CFS as it is described here.

I have many things id like to ask you but first is I wonder what happens if you now don’t take lithium? Has your TCR-Li grown to such a degree where it can sustain you without all the supps? Do you think the deficiency has been central to your illness?

Best wishes,

Soap

Hi Soap,

The lithium is used to maintain the TCR-Li, clearing it out of fluorine which ruins the catalyst. Eventually with not enough lithium compared to fluorine (dental usage) the TCR-Li stop working and go away. I did not have adequate effective B12 since birth. For most people it is a matter of how much lithium is in their drinking water and that has virtually disappeared in much of the world. Without the lithium the TCR-i isn't maintained and it ceases to be effective.

NAC can cause catastrophic B12 deficiency for some people. FMS and CFS are SYNDROMES that are made up of groups of symptoms. Basically the symptoms can be corrected with the correct nutrients.

Out of more than 100 doctors consulted looking for understanding and effective diagnosis and treqatment. Of the 100 docs, 15-20 called me names. One or two said "something wrong but don't know whqat and the rest were just wrong and ineffective.

It has caused me problems from 1948. I was a sick kid and was absent from school 1/6 to 1/3 of the time for 18 years of school becasue of poor health. Since taking MeCbl and methylfolate I haven't been sick except for deficiency syndromes.

xrayspex

hey you guys just found this thread--don't have time right now to go back and read 66 pages :) hopefully later but could I get any recs for good supplements of b2 riboflavin for mcs person who doesnt feel well on b complex and wants to try it because this guy suggests it might help with cataracts:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...ohn-q-a-files-60/id1107033358?i=1000465258788
(chris masterjohn podcast ep 60)

fyi testing couple years ago shows I have abnormally high b12 (without supplementing)

Learner1

testing couple years ago shows I have abnormally high b12 (without supplementing)
Her, was that serum B12, which is a lousy test, and will be high if you're ingesting it in any form, or was it methylmelalanic acid, the "gold standard" B12 test, which if that's high It means you're deficient in B12
hopefully later but could I get any recs for good supplements of b2 riboflavin for mcs person who doesnt feel well on b complex and wants to try it because this guy suggests it might help with cataracts:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...ohn-q-a-files-60/id1107033358?i=1000465258788
(chris masterjohn podcast ep 60)
Ive been taking high doses of the Thorne R5P and have done everything I can to boost glutathione, but have a rapidly growing cataract in one eye.

Do you have a link to his list of glutathione boosters?

Ax for diet, methylglyoxyl seems to be created as a byproduct of fat converting to sugar and people on ketogenic diets. And I'm not so sure that a high-carb diet is the best thing to avoid cataracts either.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...d_Methylglyoxal_Production_on_the_Atkins_Diet

xrayspex

Her, was that serum B12, which is a lousy test, and will be high if you're ingesting it in any form, or was it methylmelalanic acid, the "gold standard" B12 test, which if that's high It means you're deficient in B12

Ive been taking high doses of the Thorne R5P and have done everything I can to boost glutathione, but have a rapidly growing cataract in one eye.

Do you have a link to his list of glutathione boosters?

Ax for diet, methylglyoxyl seems to be created as a byproduct of fat converting to sugar and people on ketogenic diets. And I'm not so sure that a high-carb diet is the best thing to avoid cataracts either.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...d_Methylglyoxal_Production_on_the_Atkins_Diet
Learner, I do not know what sort of b12 test that was. Very interesting --the MD actually suggested I take the test but it was in a very mainstream university connected clinic and he certainly didnt give me any interpretation as high meaning low--should he have known that? I think he assumed I am supplementing which I wasn't altho I may have had an occasional emergen-c drink.

In that link to his podcast he had a link at that podcast to another one too where I think he goes more into what to do about glutathione but I have to check that out yet. thanks for your link will peruse shortly.

dannybex

Hi Idie,
It appears that at any given dose, ie 240 mcg, the number of receptors reaches a limit and most of the Li goes for "refreshing" the TCR-Li.

In the literature, such little there is, they mention affecting folate. I am thinking that it prevents neurological demyelination my preventing methyltrap in the CNS becasue there is no "wrong B12" to be where MeCbl is needed for methylation as TCR-Li delivers COB[II] no matter what cobalamin it takes in (1 researcher) as it is "not fussy".

The TCR that populates the kidney appears to prevent excretion for me right now, about 12 hours if I haven't had any for a week. If I take a 10mg sublingual AdoCbl, I feel it in my body half way through the week and the excretion speeds up to 6 hours from 12 hours. Be well.

@Freddd TCR-Li means...?

And one more question: Were you able to reduce your folate as well?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Violeta

I notice when I ingest ice cream, my eyes become more prone to dryness and irritation. any idea as to the specific reason this occurs. Does milk cause depletion of some nutrients from body or what. It has to. Just wondering if someone has researched it and found anything. It's one of the reasons why I minimize dairy. There is the A1 milk protein issue also. I can eat a little cheese now and then. It just has to be depleting something in the body for the eye problems to arise.

Have you figured anything out about the dairy causing dry eye yet?
I am thinking that the riboflavin of the dairy needs balancing with B5.

Gondwanaland

Have you figured anything out about the dairy causing dry eye yet?
I am thinking that the riboflavin of the dairy needs balancing with B5.
When I tried fresh milk directly from the producer it was a miracle for my dry eye. I think it was because it was rich in glutathione, and milk from the supermarket has nothing but glutamate. Just a wild guess.

Sophiedw

Raw milk has all sorts in, it’s a superfood: especially k2 they say, but a slew of other things. Plus anti inflammatory with all the good bacteria and antibodies from the cows. Sadly ours is shut atm but will be straight back on it when it opens.

Violeta

When I tried fresh milk directly from the producer it was a miracle for my dry eye. I think it was because it was rich in glutathione, and milk from the supermarket has nothing but glutamate. Just a wild guess.
I started drinking raw milk about a week ago and my eyes seem to be bothering me much less. Thanks for the recommendation, Gondwanaland.

BrightCandle

I started drinking raw milk about a week ago and my eyes seem to be bothering me much less. Thanks for the recommendation, Gondwanaland.

I started Kefir about a week ago I got an effect on my eyes, nose and obviously on the gut. I am trying to put in a lot of probiotic foods and pills at the moment to see if I can move the needle on my microbiome tests but the reintroduction of milk has been a positive.

Sophiedw

Yes raw milk is very rich in probiotics and immune modulators of all kind, so could be a positive immune reaction. (Also high levels of k2 I’d my memory serves) or all the fat!