• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B2 I love you!

brenda

"Fatigue: Low sodium, low sulfur, low tin, high/low manganese, high/low iron, high/low iodine, high/low zinc,
high/low calcium, high/low magnesium, high/low potassium, high/low phosphorus, high copper, low Vitamin C,
low Vit B1, low Vit B6, low folate, low biotin, low protein, low Vitamin B12, high Vit A, high Vit B2, high Vit B5,
high PABA, high Vitamin D, heavy metal toxicity"

hmmm..

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I wonder whether rich can help us find out what binds iron or where we can go to find out? rich are you there?

I think Rich was waiting for DP to get her paper written and posted. But it would be great if he could check in with us here, and give us his 2 cents worth.

DP has disappeared for the time being. I think this maybe due with her upset with Kina on the Hair Mineral Testing thread.

Hanna

balancing the B's

Hi all,

I want to give a try to the "B2 protocole" and have a technical problem that perhaps someone here on the forum will be able to solve.

I was suggested - according to hear analysis results - to take a B compound, that includes maximum doses like this :
- B1 300% RDA (3.3 mg)
- B2 600% RDA (6.6 mg) ---> better to split the B2 along the day
- B3 200% RDA (28 mg)
- B6 100% RDA (1.3 mg)
- FA 50% RDA (200mcg)
- B12 500% RDA (12 mcg)

My problem is that I can't get compound B's in my country, and didn't find anything on-line that approaches those values.

The best thing I found for the moment is the Thorne Basic Nutrients (III, IV or V - variations with iron, copper and iodine).
Would it be more advisable to take the Thorne with or without copper/iron/iodine. I recall that Christine evoked a problem with iron metabolism but it is not clear to me if best to avoid it. Does someone has an answer ? a better suggestion?

brenda

Until you can get advice from Christine via her website, I would consider it best not to take those things. B2 is found in dairy products as the best source.

Hopefully there will be somewhere to have discussions soon on Christines` site to answer the many questions people are having and even the health crisis some are experiencing.

Brenda

gu3vara

Until you can get advice from Christine via her website, I would consider it best not to take those things. B2 is found in dairy products as the best source.

Hopefully there will be somewhere to have discussions soon on Christines` site to answer the many questions people are having and even the health crisis some are experiencing.

Brenda

Couldn't agree more.

Lou

So, they just closed our Hair Mineral Testing thread? All that information simply gone? For what? This doesn't feel right, like a good and reliable friend (PR) walked up and suddenly decided to slap you.

Honestly, I'm a bit in disbelief this happened.

Mark

So, they just closed our Hair Mineral Testing thread? All that information simply gone? For what? This doesn't feel right, like a good and reliable friend (PR) walked up and suddenly decided to slap you.
That sounds like a personal attack on the moderators. Slapping the moderators back is not going to change our decision. Arguing about this is a criminal waste of our limited resources - those few of us who work behind the scenes at Phoenix Rising have much more worthwhile work which we would much rather be spending our time on. If you want me to spend the evening arguing with you about our decision - which is not going to change - instead of working on fixing your problems with your browser, which is what I was doing before I read this, then I think that is a complete waste of energy for all of us.

This forum does not allow itself to be used for the promotion, advertising and sale of commercial products and services. It's that simple, and we are not at all unusual in enforcing that policy on this forum. We do have some plans for marketplace services, but those won't happen any quicker if the small group of people trying to create all those new services for our members spend another week arguing about this issue instead of engaging in more productive work.

The information has not gone, the thread remains, and it will be re-opened once members have stopped arguing about the moderation decision. I do hope members will cease these pointless protests quickly, we do not want to have to start suspending people.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
My problem is that I can't get compound B's in my country, and didn't find anything on-line that approaches those values.

The best thing I found for the moment is the Thorne Basic Nutrients (III, IV or V - variations with iron, copper and iodine).
Would it be more advisable to take the Thorne with or without copper/iron/iodine. I recall that Christine evoked a problem with iron metabolism but it is not clear to me if best to avoid it.

I think it would be safe to take just the Bs that she recommended, in the proportion that she recommended, and nothing else until you are able to consult her. That will probably mean buying each B separately and splitting at least some of them.

While milk is high in B2, in this country it is also spiked with vitamins A and D, which deplete B2. If you can get unadulterated milk, that would be better.

Hanna

I think it would be safe to take just the Bs that she recommended, in the proportion that she recommended, and nothing else until you are able to consult her. That will probably mean buying each B separately and splitting at least some of them.

While milk is high in B2, in this country it is also spiked with vitamins A and D, which deplete B2. If you can get unadulterated milk, that would be better.

That is indeed the problem. The values that I communicated were the one suggested to me by Christine. Very low ones, and the pills manufactured are definitely not adequate.
How to split a 50 mg pill to make 2.2 mg (for the B2) ?
I found B1 in 100 mg, how can I fraction it to get 3.3 mg ? and so forth...

But everyone is right, be patient and perhaps we will be able to discuss it soon with Christine very soon...

adreno

PR activist
That is indeed the problem. The values that I communicated were the one suggested to me by Christine. Very low ones, and the pills manufactured are definitely not adequate.
How to split a 50 mg pill to make 2.2 mg (for the B2) ?
I found B1 in 100 mg, how can I fraction it to get 3.3 mg ? and so forth...

But everyone is right, be patient and perhaps we will be able to discuss it soon with Christine very soon...

This product from Biotics Research contains 100% RDA of all B vitamins, in active forms. Maybe it could be an option, with added B2.

www.bioticsresearch.com/node/1705

biophile

Places I'd rather be.
I find the B2-methylation connection interesting because I recently started the methylation protocol again and suddenly 4 mouth ulcers broke out over 24 hours which I've just read can be a symptom of B2 deficiency. I do have a history of mouth ulcers, and it isn't the first time there has been an outbreak like that but it is rare, usually it is just one or two now and then. I don't accept the "thats just mental stress" claims because I've never noticed a correlation between psychological stress and mouth ulcers, if anything there may be a mild correlation between mouth ulcers and physical stressors (over-exertion) or biological stressors (supplements, chemicals).

aquariusgirl

yeah, interesting biophile. it seems pretty clear i had a longstanding b2 depletion (an OAT in summer 2011 indicated low B2 unbeknown to me.. cos i didn't have someone to interpret it). I went on large dosages of B6 this year to compensate 4 what appeared to be a B6 deficiency..boom.. completely tanked my B2 (i think.. waiting on test results). NEVER got the magenta tongeu, cheliosis.. etc totally asymptomatic..but looks like I am low in other Bs too.

Pls be aware teh B2 discussion has moved to a private, closed, Facebook grp for most of us.

Hanna

yeah, interesting biophile. it seems pretty clear i had a longstanding b2 depletion (an OAT in summer 2011 indicated low B2 unbeknown to me.. cos i didn't have someone to interpret it). I went on large dosages of B6 this year to compensate 4 what appeared to be a B6 deficiency..boom.. completely tanked my B2 (i think.. waiting on test results). NEVER got the magenta tongeu, cheliosis.. etc totally asymptomatic..but looks like I am low in other Bs too.

Pls be aware teh B2 discussion has moved to a private, closed, Facebook grp for most of us .

There is also the new forum :
http://meandmyhair.freeforums.org