• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Articles suggestions please

Emmarose47

Hi I'm in the process of form filling and collecting evidence for PIP disability review. UK
I've been awarded for the past 5 yrs.
The hospital service will provide a report (the physio and he is good at writing reports for pip.
In the past report he put about it being a relapsing and remitting illness...
I'm thinking of getting some research together about percentage chances of recovery and how that can lessen with time. Also the remitting part for me has deteriorated over time and the baseline of what I can do lessened. Of course the evidence will show it all but I'd like to recommend some research to him to back the report (he may have his own research but he can be a bit behind on being current.
Also at what point does it become not remitting? When we are fully flaring all the time? Umm that doesn't seem the case. But is there a term for just deteriorating M. E. Like I'm now housebound and limited in what I can do does that mean I WILL become bed bound if I've deteriorated over the yrs? Of course it's do to with pacing but I've tried my best I feel.
All knowledge, thoughts experinece welcome..