• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any doctors you have worked for remotely that have helped you? Previous doctor doesn't allow a transfer of care after my doctor left the practice.

Hi everyone,

I could use some help. I have been sick for about ten years. I was diagnosed with Lyme disease and mold, yet treatment for both never got me better, and there is a lot more at play. I went to the Center for Complex Diseases but had to stop my treatment due to finances. Once I finally got back on my feet again, I reached out to them to resume care, but they told me my old doctor Curtin had left the practice. Neither of the other two doctors at the clinic are taking her patients as it's part of their policy. It sucks because I have spoken to a lot of people who got better under their care, and they ordered more tests for me than anyone else ever has.

I know Curtin is now at RTHM, but I have seen several negative reviews online, so I am reluctant to invest thousands only to get sicker and more broke. Does anyone have any recommendations on remote practices that have actually helped them?