• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

AI reveals huge amounts of fraud in medical research | DW News

GreenEdge

AI reveals huge amounts of fraud in medical research | DW News

New detection tools powered by AI have lifted the lid on what some are calling an epidemic of fraud in medical research and publishing. Last year, the number of papers retracted by research journals topped 10,000 for the first time.

One case involved the chief of a cancer surgery division at Columbia University’s medical center. An investigation found that dozens of his cancer treatment studies contained dubious data and recycled images. Other scandals have hit Harvard on the East Coast and on the West Coast it is Stanford University. A scandal there resulted in the resignation of the president last year.

Related thread: The Corrupt History of Medicine | John D. Rockefeller

Dysfunkion

You can't trust nothing these days! IT's also hard to detect fraud yourself and sometimes you flat out can't with medical research because you would need to have been the one involved with making it to do so. That's why when it comes to research on things I cross reference a lot of forums and even reddit as much as many people here don't like that place because real people's real experiences with various things will tell you a lot more in certain ways than a research paper clinically highlighting observations will, it can also reveal things that haven't been discovered yet that can happen that were previously thought to not be possible.

I have so many times across the internet over the years come across threads where the poster will be experiencing something from something else that they've narrowed down which is very strange but most users will just brush them off. It happens both online and medically when a person is a rare case of something and there may not even be the tools available to look into what is going on and little to go off of current research wise. I'd say research fraud and whatever you want to call that phenomenon the two most damaging phenomenons in medical. I think the main issue is that big medical is also big money and that translates all the way down to the doctors in the office. If they don't know what to do then they don't have time to find out so they just coldly pass the patient on because time is money. It's a complex issue because medical also needs a ton of money to be as advanced as it can be but money and other outside influences are also what is hurting it and patients too.

GreenEdge

because real people's real experiences with various things will tell you a lot more in certain ways than a research paper clinically highlighting observations will, it can also reveal things that haven't been discovered yet that can happen that were previously thought to not be possible.
I know what you mean. I've seen hundreds of real people improving on carnivore diet.

Some examples on YouTube:
  1. Cabaña Chronicles - Q&A: Multiple Sclerosis and the Carnivore Diet (28:54)
  2. Overcoming Chronic Disease: How One Man Transformed His Health with a Simple Diet (19:25)
  3. When Carnivore Alone Isn’t Enough - Struggling with MS, Hashimoto's, and Healing from CIRS (1:03:50)
  4. Dr. Visit: I Only Ate MEAT for 380 Days: Here is what Happened to My Bad Heart (12:05)
  5. My Autoimmune Disease Recovery: Carnivore Diet & Rheumatologist's Insights (8:33)

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
Thanks for sharing this GreenEdge.

My gut feeling aswell as my tinfoil hat say that the whole scholar medicine is a fraud. not that alternative medicine is any better.

everything is fraud, help your self or find the 1 genuine doctor under 999 the pharma already bought.

yeye, nice tinfoil weather it is today.

hapl808

everything is fraud, help your self or find the 1 genuine doctor under 999 the pharma already bought.

yeye, nice tinfoil weather it is today.

Tinfoil hats are so hot right now.

But it's really true.

Even if you find the genuine doctor, what research can they look at and believe it's accurate? When Stanford and Harvard are faking data.

I have a friend who did a (very minor) research study. It's lightweight science funded by a manufacturer (clearly stated) and unlikely to harm anyone, but I happen to know they just made up some of the research because they didn't have time to complete the trials.