• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Afraid of Rifampin, can I get some words?

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
Hey Forum!

I have recently gotten a Bartonella Dx from a bloodsmear ordered by a LLMD.

While I view these diagnosis very critical I cannot overlook the massive amount of people that have improved on antibiotic treatments from other suspected persisting bacterial infections. Additionally scholar medicine knows for years that bacterial persistance isnt rare at all, by Chlamydia Pneumonae being found in Artheriosclerotic Plaque, inactive Mycobacteria existing in your Body etc.

So TL DR, he gave me a Rx of 200mg minocycline and 600mg of Rifampin and Said I should do this course for atleast 12 weeks and See how I feel.

I have treated with minocycline before and I dont fear that abx, but I do fear the rifampin specially for the psychiatric, liver and medicinal Side effects. i also Take Citalopram so it might interfere with that.

What I am Here for is looking for some encouragement, thoughts, critique etc. Who tried rifampin ? How did it Go? Did you do Combination?

Cheers,

you can check for interactions online
without having a clue about the infection but assuming its a chronic infection 12 weeks seem short. he said at least ok but id inform myself how the treatment for this infection actually is. you can search this online and others have treated this bacteria before. maybe there is another combination of abx available not containing said abx.
you can easily surveil the liver function or is this not applicable with this abx?