• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

40Hz sensory gamma rhythm treatment

Wishful

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/02/240228114328.htm

I thought this was interesting. I don't know whether it would have real use as a treatment, but if you believe that glymphatic dysfunction plays a role in ME (@Rufous McKinney), it seems easy enough to experiment with. A 40 Hz flashing light and/or sound pulse is easy to generate with a simple electronic circuit, a simple computer program, or even an electric motor spinning a disk (with light hole and clicker) at 2400 rpm (not that building anything is really simple when you have ME).

I think it's interesting that the brain has specialized neurons that react to such a frequency, and that exposure to this input can affect capillary pulsation and fluid flow through astrocytes. The brain is not a simple network of electrical circuits; it's really complex with all these hard-to-notice interactions. ME could involve one or more of these subtle interactions, possibly one not discovered yet.

LINE

Good post.

Whether this is appropriate to post here, I have used both Binaural and Solfeggio frequencies with good success. The key is to find the right sound signature as this seems to be individualistic. Headphones are a must and can find these on YouTube. I found in the past that these frequencies could control anxiety quite well.

Here is one that I like:

sunshine44

Que sera sera
Good post.

Whether this is appropriate to post here, I have used both Binaural and Solfeggio frequencies with good success. The key is to find the right sound signature as this seems to be individualistic. Headphones are a must and can find these on YouTube. I found in the past that these frequencies could control anxiety quite well.

Here is one that I like:

I agree. When I could not tolerate one drop of supplement ON MY skin without throat/mouth swelling and couldn’t handle light, noises, etc. finding certain gentle solfeggio frequencies was the absolute first thing that helped me come back from a coma like state. Initially I could only do small amounts and only at certain times of the day but as I became stronger, this changed. Eventually my body began allowing more nutrients i needed, which I credit frequency healing for assisting. It absolutely (slowly) assisted my g lymphatic system.