• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

First in person doc visit since COVID

Told the doc i STILL have sinus infection. He asked if I have spring allergies. No ,i said, and the allergies I get dont give me thick green secretions every day. He nodded his head yes in agreement- but offered no suggestion or advice

I show him scalp and showed him
How just touching my hair causes ao many to pull out. Since it was diffuse not spotty he wasnt too interested. Said scalp bot red . See derm. Why did i go in?

Knees- looked- said maybe tendon? No other advice, predictions, or anything on the fall and recovery

Showed him neck, shoulders , upper arms- mobility and pain issues. For shoukders he said looks like some kibd of rotator cuff problem but didnt know what kind since what i could and couldnt do surprised him and said for some reason he wanted to wait on both xrays and PT. Why Not helpful!! Only useful thing is I pointed to a spot on my neck and asked him what level of the spine that was and he said C7.

Showed himswollen lymph nodes in salivary glands he was unimpressed

Asked if there’s anything I could think of to make me less frail and he was no help

Showed him places on fingers wher swells on soft tissue. Edema but said nothing more

Didn’t even check my heart rate or breathing I did forget to ask but I really also always have to be the one to ask for everything. He seemed to forget that I have a lot of heart complaints, seemed to forget I had covid

I don’t have a toes are spread out ever since the fall he said as long as theydon’t bother you don’t worry about it

Because most of my visit with him or television or Phone I wanted to take advantage of the in person visit to show him things up close and personal but it was a complete waste of time and energy

Disinterested in my recurrent hsv1 infection and said everyone has that even tho i told him it gives me vertigo and wakes me up all night etc

Brought in a urine sample and he said gad microscopic blood (never had that before)?and lots of white vloid celks and was cloudy. Thought it was because the container I used even though it was sterile and sealed was just too old and perhaps contaminated bacteria but he didn’t think so. Waiting for a culture on that once

He Wasn’t even gonna order blood tests until I asked

So far the only use is that he has given me things that I’ve asked for he’s giving me scripts for tests give me guanfacine that I asked for if I want a blood test he’ll add it to the order without giving me a hard time I thought he was smarter than most of my docs but after today’s visit I’m not so sure

(And shoulders by the way, I have an orthopedist but the guy is a sexiest guy who just jumps to conclusions based upon age and gender doesn’t even help me move my arms or anything so he has misdiagnosed my shoulders is frozen shoulder but it’s not that)

I know I’ve gone beyond Covid but I become a car wreck and even when I try I can’t get anywhere with these folk.

Completely forgot to ask him if the scalp could be vasculitis and if you could look at the temporal artery on my head. I can’t believe I forgot that pretty anyway so I phone back afterwards left a message he did not reply sent them email but he didn’t reply
Completely forgot to ask him if the scalp could be vasculitis and if you could look at the temporal artery on my head. I can’t believe I forgot that pretty anyway so I phone back afterwards left a message he did not reply sent them email but he didn’t reply

. My heart tracker during the entire three hour round-trip in my average heart rate was 99 for the three hours and my highest heart rate was 139. If That’s not proof thar doctors are bad for me, I don’t know what is.
Reactions: Zebra and Judee

Comments

@Judee thanks. Funny how i never learn. Ar least ibwas able to stay away from tgese morons for a long time but finally succumbed. I just wrote a thread on the horrible symptoms having now

Update: the doctor was so totally wrong that tgey were mokes on scalp. Today one is gone snd the other is crusting. Guess i shoukd have beleived him on phone when he said hed have no idea what he was looking at.

Once again the quote function isn't working, so it'll have to be copy-and-paste

"My heart tracker during the entire three hour round-trip in my average heart rate was 99 for the three hours and my highest heart rate was 139. If That’s not proof thar doctors are bad for me, I don’t know what is."

Well, there's always Sudden Death Syndrome ....

But I agree, you seem to have a uniquely useless Dr .... except for his willingness to take direction from you re scripts and blood tests, so in his way, he's better than most.

Which is really really saaaaad ....

Have you tried the Guanfacine? Did you ask for it for ADHD or something else? If you tried it, did you get bad side effects?

Blog entry information

Author
vision blue
Read time
3 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from vision blue