• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Very severe ME patient Millie being abused by Royal Lancaster Hospital

Countrygirl

Oh yes, sorry I meant for people who are able. Maybe a note can be added to the petition for others who may not be ill. Just a thought. This has been on my mind so much. I wanted to help in some small way from the US.

Thank you! That is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0985.jpeg

Latest update

Countrygirl

SOME VERY, VERY GOOD NEWS!!!

As some of you know, Dr Weir made a seven-hour round trip to assess Millie yesterday. We were worried he wouldn't be allowed in, but they couldn't prevent him because he was using section 24 of the MHA. He talked with the matron who has not been kind and wrote a letter to the tribunal when he returned home last night.

The tribunal has just announced that Millie has won and she is no longer sectioned.

This is mostly because of Dr Weir's intervention, but also they were upset about the negative publicity.

Millie still can't return home because she cannot eat or drink. An NG tube is not supported in the community, so she needs a PEG, which they refuse to give her. Thus, she is still effectively trapped in the hospital but no longer under section, so her human rights have been restored.

The staff are just now grumbling about the deluge of cards pouring in for Millie, so please keep sending.

They know they are being observed by the patient community. Keep them coming!

Well done, everyone!

Hope_eternal

SOME VERY, VERY GOOD NEWS!!!

As some of you know, Dr Weir made a seven-hour round trip to assess Millie yesterday. We were worried he wouldn't be allowed in, but they couldn't prevent him because he was using section 24 of the MHA. He talked with the matron who has not been kind and wrote a letter to the tribunal when he returned home last night.

The tribunal has just announced that Millie has won and she is no longer sectioned.

This is mostly because of Dr Weir's intervention, but also they were upset about the negative publicity.

Millie still can't return home because she cannot eat or drink. An NG tube is not supported in the community, so she needs a PEG, which they refuse to give her. Thus, she is still effectively trapped in the hospital but no longer under section, so her human rights have been restored.

The staff are just now grumbling about the deluge of cards pouring in for Millie, so please keep sending.

They know they are being observed by the patient community. Keep them coming!

Well done, everyone!
This is wonderful news. Thank you @Countrygirl! You are an angel for getting the news out. I’ve made a card for Millie but since I’m in the US I worry it won’t get there in time. Is anyone hand delivering mail? I’ve attached my card in case someone can get it to her. If not I’ll mail it in hopes it gets there soon. She is in my thoughts❤️‍🩹

Attachments

• Thinking of You.pdf
    284.4 KB · Views: 28

Countrygirl

This is wonderful news. Thank you @Countrygirl! You are an angel for getting the news out. I’ve made a card for Millie but since I’m in the US I worry it won’t get there in time. Is anyone hand delivering mail? I’ve attached my card in case someone can get it to her. If not I’ll mail it in hopes it gets there soon. She is in my thoughts❤️‍🩹
Thank you! I can email it to her family

Countrygirl

Her mother now has the card @Hope_eternal

It is also beautiful, and much thought has gone into crafting it. Millie and her family will love it.

Last edited:

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Very good news!

I hope the next step is to get the feeding tube. Use the same type of pressure campaign. I still say call up the BBC, they reported on the patient death from denying one, thy might be willing to put this on the news.

Countrygirl

Very good news!

I hope the next step is to get the feeding tube. Use the same type of pressure campaign. I still say call up the BBC, they reported on the patient death from denying one, thy might be willing to put this on the news.
She does have a NG tube but the problem is that it is not supported in the community. To return home, she would need a PEG.

However, that is now academic because as a result of the inappropriate treatment she is too ill now after 2-3 weeks in the hospital.

Now they are attempting to remove the ME diagnosis to replace it with PAWS, a psychiatric diagnosis. It does make one wonder whether the wrong party was sectioned as this is quite irrational. Millie accepts feed and wants a PEG so this negates the possibility of PAWS, The hospital just can't tolerate the thought of ME.

Please keep sending cards and promoting the petition as her life continues to be at risk and increasingly so.

Last edited:

Countrygirl

You and Dr Weir are UK heroes, @Countrygirl . (I will also put Nigel Speight in this category). Now if only they would give her a PEG before she starves....good lord...

If I were half-a-century younger, I would blush.

She does have a NG tube but it is not supported in the community so she couldn't return home. She is now to sick anyway.

Update from Millie’s family:

Thank you so much for all the beautiful cards and gifts Millie has received the love and support is amazing!

We ask that please could only cards and gifts and offers of support be sent to Millie at the hospital.

We have recently found out that the nursing team at the RLI has been receiving some very unkind letters and we definitely never wanted this and do not wish for this to continue as we believe that Millie’s nurses are trying their best to provide Millie support with in the hospital guidelines.

Countrygirl

Update from Millie’s family:

Thank you so much for all the beautiful cards and gifts Millie has received the love and support is amazing!

We ask that please could only cards and gifts and offers of support be sent to Millie at the hospital.

We have recently found out that the nursing team at the RLI has been receiving some very unkind letters and we definitely never wanted this and do not wish for this to continue as we believe that Millie’s nurses are trying their best to provide Millie support with in the hospital guidelines.
GHkNr0ZXkAAcBZz

Mary

Moderator Resource
I received this from chang.org this morning, from Abi Mills: https://www.change.org/p/save-milli...=email&utm_source=petition_update&utm_term=cs

Thank you to everyone who has signed and shared this petition.

Update:

The NICE guidelines have now been read by the hospital and the staff are trying to follow them. Millie’s ME is being believed although some consultants are still looking into psychiatric disorders on top of ME and a full understanding of the condition is still needed.

Millie’s family is now allowed to be with her at all times and advocate and support her!

Millie is being fed via NG tube at 30-45 degrees. Millie is only being fed by NG tube and provided with food (she can’t currently eat this, but it is offered), she is not being force fed or made to eat anything.

Thank you for your support,

It sounds like the petition and cards, and Dr. Weir of course, are having an effect!

Countrygirl

UPDATE ON MILLIE.

We were hearing over the weekend that Millie cannot tolerate being in the hospital any longer as she continues to deteriorate under the hospital regime. This is the new update:
Millie is declining further in hospital and has communicated she can only stand a few more days and needs to go home extremely urgently. She can no longer get out of bed at all and even turning over in bed is becoming a big struggle
Millie still doesn't have a feeding tube in that she can go home with. We are getting very worried.
Please keep sharing the petition - we need to make sure Millie is able to go home asap x