• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vasodilating supplements

pamojja

I take l-argining, citrulline malate and AAKG (arginine alpha ketoglutarate) from those associated with mentioned compounds. The later 2 for extended release vasodilation.

hapl808

brain vasoconstriction

What is the symptom for that?

I get a lot of brain fog and that pressure headache feeling behind the eyes, but not sure what would relieve that. Tried a lot but haven't found anything consistent so far.

pattismith

What is the symptom for that?

I get a lot of brain fog and that pressure headache feeling behind the eyes, but not sure what would relieve that. Tried a lot but haven't found anything consistent so far.
good question!
Brain vasoconstriction is a type of hypoperfusion associated brain fog.

I know it's brain vasoconstriction because:
. it's triggered by vasoconstrictive agents like cofee, ephedrin, methylphenidate;
. it's not relieved by vasoconstrictive agents
. it's relieved by vasodilators

So I had to do many trials before I understood those simple things.

Another thing I understood is that physical exercise in horizontal position (like swimming) can produce this brain vasodilation and relieve this type of brain fog for a few hours.

I just tried yesterday to do horizontal physical exercises on the floor for 15 min and it relieved my brain fog for a few hours.

Carl

High-protein diets boost artery-clogging plaque, mouse study shows
Razani and his team found that excess amino acids from a high-protein diet activate a protein in macrophages called mTOR, which tells the cell to grow rather than go about its housecleaning tasks. The signals from mTOR shut down the cells’ ability to clean up the toxic waste of the plaque, and this sets off a chain of events that results in macrophage death. The researchers found that certain amino acids, especially leucine and Arginine, were more potent in activating mTOR — and derailing macrophages from their cleanup duties, leading to cell death — than other amino acids.
I have been using Citrulline Malate and Arginine to fight Bartonella circulatory damaging effects but this article makes me very worried because Bartonella cause calcification of the circulatory system. My Blood Pressure has risen 50% because of the calcification that they are causing. I had none before Lyme disease and co-infections/Bartonella.

pamojja

but this article makes me very worried because Bartonella cause calcification of the circulatory system.
I would check for increased calcification. One non-invasive test would be maximal carotid intima-media thickness (CIMT) with ultrasound.

I've taken 5.4 g/d of arginine/citrulline/AAKG for the last 15 years. And get in total about 2 g/kg body weight of protein a day. Blood pressure hasn't increased, and CIMT decreased after lots of efforts and a setback through inflammation. See post from the 23. June 2019 in this thread: https://www.longecity.org/forum/stacks/stack/111-pad-and-additional-remissions/