• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Strange tingling on ear since starting Famvir

I started famvir 3 weeks ago as I have a history of shingles and EBV. I noticed increased noise sensitivity soon after which has improved but now I have a permanent tingling sensation on outside of ear as if something is touching it. Does anyone know why this could happen? I'm wondering if it's because famvir is getting into nerves and it's virus herx? Or another infection due to lowered immunity?
I'm going to tell my GP but her understanding of ME isn't great. I thought someone here might know more about what might be going on. Thanks

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I'm wondering if it's because famvir is getting into nerves and it's virus herx?
I wonder if you're not correct on that just a bit. Maybe you have a nerve there that has been infected with the shingles virus but not actually been active to this point because your immunity was suppressing it. ??

I've had a slight improvement in energy and brainfog but nerve pain is terrible whenever I'm at full dose unfortunately. I'll switch to valtrex if nothing changes at 6 month mark.