• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Seeking volunteers for Seattle #MEAction event May 3-12, 2024

This year #MEAction is launching a national campaign to educate hospital systems and medical schools about ME/CFS by encouraging medical schools to Teach ME, and major hospitals to Treat ME. The goal is to hold in-person events at these institutions the week of May 3rd to May 12th.

We are trying to organize something here in Seattle at University of Washington School of Medicine and hospital. Based on the number of volunteers we have so far we are thinking we are going to try to ask the facility to give us a table for a few hours on one or two days. We need help making contact with the hospital, organizing, and people to come help with set-up/representing the table.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. There's many different levels of involvement, from helping with one task to making phone calls to helping with the in-person event and physical prep.

Thanks!